Insanity?

Options
Hi there!

I just recently started Insanity the other day, and I really like it so far. I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something after I've worked out. I used to just do the elliptical and run a little bit, but I needed something to actually gain some results, as I am in a bit of a rut.

I know it's not a new program, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has come to it late like me, or has some motivational stories that might help keep me on track? I don't usually reach out, but I feel like I might need the help and motivation this time around. I'm really serious about changing things for the better, and would like some friends who have either been there, or are currently doing the same thing!

-H

Replies

• jackylrenai
    jackylrenai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've known about insanity for a while and dabbled for about 3 days. I've recently restarted and am on day 5 and loving it!!!
  • fullerh
    Options
    That's so great to hear! I'm on day 4 as of today, and I am actually excited about working out. It's so intense, but I really like that aspect of it!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    bump...I just started Insanity as well last week, I'm on Day 5 if you include the Fit Test as Day 1. I'm really liking the program so far! I haven't done it before so I don't have any success stories (yet) but I'd like to hear any that anyone can share! Any results for anyone that just started so far?
  • Hi :)

I did Insanity last year for about 2 months (though I only did the easier workouts, not Max) and I lost 15 pounds and gained a good bit of muscle.

Now I'm restarting it and on week 3 - I've lost about 5 pounds since I restarted.

By week 2 I could tell that the warm ups were easier and I was able to go longer through them.

I find that it can get a little boring doing the same workouts repetitively so I've taken to blasting music while I do it.

It's nice to find someone else out here doing Insanity :)
  • fullerh
    Options
    That's a great tip! I can already tell that in the next week or so I'm going to want to do the same.

I just finished my Day 4 workout, and I feel so energized and fantastic. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but I'm so looking forward to continuing it, and it's SO nice to hear from people who were really successful with it! It's also great to know that others are doing it at the same time, too. It makes me feel like I can do it, and that I need to hold myself accountable.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and lost 60 pounds and I restarted it again today!! :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I restarted and did day 1 today. I did it last fall and got two weeks from finishing before I injured myself (form is important :tongue: ). I saw great results and really enjoyed it.

If you do a search, you'll find some success stories from other MFP members who have finished Insanity. Lots of good and motivational stories!

Good luck!
  • tooheyz
    tooheyz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did it last year, but didn't finish. I stopped after 10 weeks - it was getting repetitive and the workouts were getting longer and longer. It was good though, i lost almost all my pregnancy weight!

I am now doing Shaun T's Focus t25 - week 4 and lost 2 inches off the waist - and best of all, it's only 25 minutes!!
  • danfiveoh
    Options
    I recently finished the program, and I've since started a 90 day P90X/Insanity hybrid plan (and T25 occasionally when I have a spare morning).

I didn't lose much weight, but you wouldn't think that to look at me now. I've lost many inches all over, I'm looking more toned and I'm quite interested to see how I'll look after the next 3 months. Not to mention having far more energy, and feeling like I can pretty much take any sport on.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to push through and finish it, you'll have the same problems as everyone else, some workouts will bore you, fitting 5-6 days a week into life can be hard, but its two months and you won't have any regrets. If you continue with it, you'll know exactly what to adjust in the plan to keep yourself interested (I did an extra month and swapped out one of the workouts I hated, for max cardio which I enjoyed), or you'll have no fear taking any other workout program on.

Good luck.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Some great tips on here, thank you to everyone who has posted so far. I did the Pure Cardio workout last night and it was an awesome workout...again a love/hate relationship but I'm really energized to keep going. I took my measurements last night too to make sure I look at those as well as the scale as the scale doesn't always tell you the whole story.

Taking my measurements also reminds me of how you lose inches like the layers of an onion...it takes time for you to notice because your rounder to start then when you finish....so I have to remind myself to not concentrate on the numbers just getting my workouts in because as I get fitter, those layers are going to start peeling off!! That's the plan anyways...

Have a great day everyone!
  • fullerh
    Options
    Pure Cardio is the one that I did this morning! I felt so energized afterward. I have to say that I was really terrified of starting this program, but now that I'm a day away from finishing the first week (which, to me, is a big accomplishment), the only thing that I'm disappointed in is that I waited this long to do so out of fear. I am already doing so much better than I was before.

Lesson learned!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I hear ya! I had my rest day yesterday but I'm actually looking forward to starting my 2nd week. Can't wait to see my results at the end of the month. Down 2 lbs already, can't wait to see the changes in my measurements too...anyone else press play yesterday?
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Do it!

I didn't lose much weight but I lost like 4-5 inches overall with Insanity.

It sucks during but I would encourage you to keep at it.

Edit: FYI- I've done the whole program twice.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Do it!

I didn't lose much weight but I lost like 4-5 inches overall with Insanity.

It sucks during but I would encourage you to keep at it.

Edit: FYI- I've done the whole program twice.

Awesome - way to go! Can you keep up with the videos yet? I think I may continue to do the video's through to the New Year if it keeps going like it is. Maybe I'll look into P90X or T25 if I want something different, but I really like the format. Albeit, I'm only a month in but still....pretty motivating!
  • ethiopienne
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Insanity almost on week 4 and it has been tough to do. But It is the last thing I do every single night even if it is 10pm. So far I have lost 5 inches of my waist and 4 inches on my hips. I have also lost 7 pounds!!!

Make sure you take before pictures NOW of your front, back, and sides. Because I did and after three weeks of Insanity I was like I don't look different but after taking pictures of myself after just 3 weeks and comparing them..... I see a Remarkable difference!!! It is very motivational!

Good Luck
  • fullerh
    Options
    Yay you guys!

I just finished my first week and am on my rest day. It actually feels weird knowing that I won't be doing it again today!

I really love the format though, and I'm actually having a great deal of fun competing with myself each time I do the DVDs. I was able to do so much more with the plyo DVD yesterday than the first time I had done it, which I count as an accomplishment!
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds back to back starting right after last Thanksgivng. Even with the Holidays and eating about 2300 calories per day I lost ~25 lbs and went from a 34 inch to a 30 inch pant size. More importantly I had great improvements in speed and endurance and it showed big time in this summer's hiking season. We did a ten day hiking\backpacking trip in Yellowstone this summer and covered 120 miles. I never could have done that last year.
  • hopsanddreams
    Options
    OK... I'm jumping in... I've been on the fence about starting this program. My friend loaned them to me a month or two ago since she'd pregnant, and said I could keep them until she's released to exercise after baby is born. I've just stared at the DVD's. This weekend, she teased me and said I was being a whiny baby because I've been too scared to start.

Reading your experiences has motivated me - I'm putting on my big girl pants and starting on Monday (or maybe the Monday after, as I'll be out of town sometime next week.) I've printed off a schedule and will try to stick to it. I want to have fab arms for pictures of me holding the baby at the baptism. And there WILL be pictures of me - I'm going to be the Godmother! :)

Realistically - how hard is this program? I've done 30DS in the past. I can do a Core Secrets workout (anyone remember that Gunnar Peterson workout with the ball? It's one of my favorites!) like it's nothing. I think I'm most scared that I'm not fit enough for this!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Hopsanddreams: I think you're scaring yourself. Yes, its tough but you can take breaks to catch your breath. With each video, you get better at keeping up. I'm going to be out of town for work for almost a week within the next 2 weeks and I plan on bring my videos with me and playing them in my laptop to stay on track :) Start today - you're only a week behind me :) Let us know how your first workout goes!
  • kwarner87
    kwarner87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did it for a week straight, loved it. Hit a holiday weekend and fell off. Starting again on Monday. It's not my story but my friend's brother did it 3 times in 1 year and lost 80 lbs.