TEACHERS, where are you?!

Options
I know there are more teachers on here! I would love to know some of your menu choices as well as exercises for those crazy busy days (not to mention I also have a P/T job!)

Any easy breakfasts (sometimes on the go), or different lunch choices would be appreciated. Also in Canada we have a new "balanced school day", so we basically get 2 lunches which KILLS me! So, I need filling snack ideas too!

If there are any other teachers on here looking for friends, ADD ME!

Replies

• adriayellow11
    Options
    Texsox is on my friends list I thnk he is a teacher.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I have put on 60+ pounds since starting my teaching career--no time to exercise unless they can make a machine conducive to grading papers at the same time!!!! I also have a part time job (sad isn't it). Good luck on your journey!!
  • Kimlarge
    Kimlarge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    teacher here!!

i have to make sure i have tons of healthy snacks with me at all times so that when i get hongrrryyy i can satisfy the hunger before i make unhealthy choices.

i eat things like apples, cheerios, rice cakes + hummus, rice cakes + tuna (i know it sounds gross), and huge salads with low-fat or fat-free dressing.
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a teacher and I think a lot of teachers struggle with their weight. In my faculty meetings, the principal gives us tons of chocolate because she sees how stressed we are! The meetings don't help!
  • snowness
    Options
    When it comes to food I make sure that I pack my lunch everyday and never eat in the cafeteria and that I leave time in my mornings for a quick bowl of cereal before running out the door. When it comes to dinner (due to certain circumstances) I live with my parents so they usually cook, but seeming as they are both teachers it isn't usually anything big or super time consuming to make. We often have a meat and veggie for dinner and sometimes a carb (potaotes, rice, noodles, etc) but that doesn't happen very often anymore. If you are looking for ideas on specific foods to eat my diary is open to be viewed. If you are super busy during the evening and can't generally find time to cook, a good thing to do is to cook all of the meals you plan to have for dinner for the week on Sunday and toss them in the freezer to keep until you need them.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast in the morning. I boil the eggs while I'm drying my hair and they're done by the time I'm ready to leave. If I'm running behind I'll eat in the car or I'll eat them when I first get to school. I also do nonfact yogurt with granola. I make it the night before and put it in the fidge to take with me in the morning. For snacks I usually take a fiber 1 or special k bar and for lunch I usually bring a big salad.
  • snowness
    Options
    and when it comes to working out I make sure to set aside an hour a day where I can workout and not worry about anything else. I operate under the idea that every person needs some daily "me" time where they can focus on themselves so I make sure that I give myself that time each day and workout during it. Don't get me wrong there are days where I can't workout so on those days I do my best to sneak little things like squats while walking somewhere, or trunk twists while waiting for something, etc. I also try to make it so I walk more on those days (park farther away fromt he building I'm going to). It isn't a lot but it is something to make me feel better on those days
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i am a SLP not a classroom teacher, but i understand the stresses of working in a school and the crazy schedule that goes along with it...the teachers lounge is what kills me...someone is always bringing in sweets and i have a job that causes me to walk through the teacher lounge a lot...i try to get up a half hour earlier every morning to squeeze in a workout...i try to eat well at school, but it is a constant battle...
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've actually started being anti-social and avoiding the staff room, especially on Fridays when it's "treat day". I eat in the classroom. They make fun of me but I don't care! haha
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher and I eat a vitatop for breakfast everyday. I always pack my lunch and I never partake in the treats around all of the time. I workout Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week religiously. No excuses here. It is a priority. Good luck!
  • shanners85
    shanners85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I find my problem isn't what I am eating throughout the day but that when I get home from school, I am starving and I eat whatever I see.

At one of the schools that I work at, we're not on a balanced day (two ten minute recesses and one hour lunch). At the first recess, I have an All-Bran Bar and a piece of fruit. At lunch, I will have either a sandwich or leftovers from the night before, yogurt and a piece of fruit. I don't normally have an afternoon snack.

In the other school, we have a balanced day. In the morning, I have a piece of fruit and my All Bran Bar. If I ate breakfast (which I normally don't), this is enough. If I haven't eaten anything, then I am normally still hungry. At the second nutrition break, I have what I would have at a regular lunch.

I also skip the staff room at my one school, too many treats. The other I go into and don't have any problems with treats.