Fitbit flex help?

Options
So I have loved my fitbit flex but need a little help with it. I wear it on my left wrist above my watch. I actually have it set to think it is on my right hand so that it is not as sensitive. I have but sitting stationary since midnight, but it is registering 2,000 steps?? I know that I have not been moving. However, prior to midnight I was walking around up and down stairs. Is the fit it just confused as far as time goes?

I am sitting in a diesel vehicle, so is it possible that the vibrations for the vehicle are throwing it off? (Vehicle is in idle but still vibrates slightly). If so, is there a way to account for that so it doesn't register as taking so many steps? (I know for a fact I have not taken any steps since midnight).

Replies

• bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't know I'd the engine is enough to do it but I know that if I'm pushing a cart in Wal-Mart it doesn't register the right amount of steps and will often go into sleep mode because it thinks I'm tapping it. Sorry I cant be more helpful. Have you been moving your arm much?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I have not been moving my arm at all. I have literally been sitting in the front of the vehicle reading a book (and now browsing the Internet). I did not notice if it did this the other day in the back of the vehicle. I did however notice that it counted cpr compressions as steps (I know I wasnt moving at a 120 steps per minute lol). If this is a trend I may have to move to a different activity tracker.
  • retread4258
    retread4258 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, a vehicle can do that with a FitBit. My brother has a FitBit one as I do and he has added steps on bumpy car rides. He also went on a jeep excursion and logged something like 24k (don't remember the actual number) steps and a ridiculous number of stairs.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Yes, a vehicle can do that with a FitBit. My brother has a FitBit one as I do and he has added steps on bumpy car rides. He also went on a jeep excursion and logged something like 24k (don't remember the actual number) steps and a ridiculous number of stairs.

Okay. Good to know it is not just me. I may have to think of a different activity tracker then. Perhaps one not worn on my wrist would be better. The funny thing is the vehicle has not moved is 4+ hours, but is idling. What a bummer since I really do love my flex.