Sweet Gym Music

Options
HI,

Just curious as to whether anyone thinks that music plays any part as a motivational tool in the gym or when running outside etc? I was having this conversation with my gym buddy last night , personally I think it does and love compiling songs that are going to get me to where I need to be during my workout. I know it will vary from person to person but just putting the topic out there.......

also, if anyone can suggest a decent track then im open to suugestions

Replies

• LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The Disclosure Album, 'Settle', is great gym/running/cycling music for me.
    It's got some great rhythms and base lines :flowerforyou:
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Definately, I couldn't run without music. I think it's because I mostly hate exercising still and it's a way to block out what I'm actually doing, or a way to push myself 'just to the end of this song/ verse/ good bit' etc. I also use it as a way to pace myself as I have a habit of starting too fast, If I can sing along I'm going a good speed.

As for suggested tracks, well, my playlist is pretty...niche. A selection of rap and songs from musicals with some metal sprinkled in :laugh:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Keeps me focused, pumped and avoids getting me distracted by other persons talking.
    Metal and Wu Tang mostly for me!
  • tcThePT
    Options
    Wow, didn't expect such quick responses :)

Lyndsey- I have a few of their tracks on my list already, agree with you totally. I mix it up with a bit of "angry" music ie foo fighters etc I find it drives me on the treadmill lol

abadvat - totally here you on that although bit of wu tang is likely to make me dance in the gym , no one wants to see that ;)

Jennidaley- again , I can only agree with you. I don't really enjoy running without music as I actually have to focus on what I'm doing. at least if I have a distraction of my favourite tunes (whats the story morning glory by Oasis is top of the list at present) I feel invincible
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    I have a ****load of Rock/Metal on my shuffle.....helps big style.
    AC/DC, Rainbow, Sambora, Dio, Led Zep, Wings of Pegasus........and many more...
  • tcThePT
    Options
    fgotta love a bit of heavy metal jim , standard practice