Spinning for the first time tonight

Options
Never tried it before, at the gym at lunchtime doing my strength training etc. I'm quite excited!

Replies

• aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good luck I fell off the bike at the end on my one and only attempt at it, but I know loads of people who do it and have had great results and enjoy it.
  • JorgeGonzales
    Options
    All the very Best Friend,
    Work hard in the gym for fast results,
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have fun! I love spinning. Awesome workout!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get yourself a pair of cycling padded shorts before you start.......!
  • chic245
    chic245 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't over do the speed or resistance the first time. Just work with as much effort as you want! Normally after a few classes you will do much better. Have fun!
  • stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Spin Cycling is my fav exercise. Yesterday I put a two a day in with a weight lifting routine for 1.5 hours during lunch then a Spin session last night for 1 hour. I peaked at a 182 bpm hr with an average hr of 173 for the session. I have been doing it for years and still can't get enough of it. Enjoy it, it does become addictive.
  • punkeson
    punkeson Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You'll love it! As someone else said, don't crank up the gears too heavy on your first class, use whatever gears will enable you to keep up with the speed that the instructor tells you to go at. Also make sure you do your seat up really tight, otherwise it will collapse on you. That happened to me once, I wanted to die!
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody, I really enjoyed it! The seat is so uncomfy though!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Enjoy - love a good spin class! :drinker:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    It is not for everyone. But if you decide you like it, buy a pair of cycling shoes. They will help you with proper form ad reduce the chance of ankle strain.
    You can moderate your workout ad increase intensity as your conditioning improves.
    For me, I found it helped improve breathing and actually helped me swim better too.