flexibility

Options
bbb84
bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
Any suggestions on improving flexibility..... I'm really stiff and this is something non scale related I'm striving to improve on. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Regular stretching. I know, it sounds simplistic or obvious, but honestly the only way to improve flexibility is to stretch. Try incorporating yoga into your weekly exercise routines.
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    stretches, then just stretch a little farther every day.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Yoga. It's done wonders for my flexibility.
  • stoddartsl
    Options
    I agree... yoga is great! and very relaxing...
  • Octomonkey
    Octomonkey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, yoga! Definately try this! I started again yesterday and already feel tonnes more flexible and it's just generally uplifting :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Pilates. I did them for about 6 mos. in addition to my cardio wkout and I also use a stability ball. You will feel amazing from both! I highly recommend.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    Tony Little has a stretch/flexability video on his website...and yoga would help also :wink:
  • cracky
    cracky Posts: 15
    Options
    You're not the only one! The only way to get more flexible is to stretch - often.
    Try stretching every morning or before bed - definately after excersize... but don't stretch till it hurts - just till you can feel it. Then you improve a little bit each time..
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    YOGA!!! :)
    there are some simple moves that really will help. if you are unsure what to do you can find lots of books or websites that will help - shape & women's health magazine are good. or you can use the wii fit - great yoga program
    good luck :)
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions..... you guys rock!