500+

Options
If I burn 500+ calories a day that should catch me up to where I left off 2 months ago right!
:smile:

Replies

• stoddartsl
    Options
    YES it should!! You can do it! Good luck!!
  • tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1 pound is 3500 calories. so a reduction of 500 a day will result in a one pound per week loss
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1 pound is 3500 calories. so a reduction of 500 a day will result in a one pound per week loss

I don't understand how this works. If you burn say 500 calories a day, but consume say 2000. How are you losing weight? My goal is about 3-4 lbs a week. So I'd have to burn about 1,300 a day?
  • theatr3geek
    Options

I don't understand how this works. If you burn say 500 calories a day, but consume say 2000. How are you losing weight? My goal is about 3-4 lbs a week. So I'd have to burn about 1,300 a day?

No. You have to take your BMR into account. I burn 1,200 calories a day just based on my bmr. If I were to lay in bed all day and do NOTHING that is what I would burn.
  • tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    if your resting metabolic rate is 2000 calories. and you consume those 2000 but burn 500 your below you calorie requirement to maintain your current weight. Every 3500 calories you go below your resting metabolic rate you lose a pound. http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_pound.php
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    if your resting metabolic rate is 2000 calories. and you consume those 2000 but burn 500 your below you calorie requirement to maintain your current weight. Every 3500 calories you go below your resting metabolic rate you lose a pound. http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_pound.php

That site was very helpful. Thank you
  • Tee10
    Tee10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It will be a 500 workout calorie burn a day.
  • Tee10
    Tee10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The 500+ calorie burn is just for my every day workout. I'm burning more calories through out the day, I just was to hit 500+ in my 45min to an hour work out every day. I need to get a good calorie counter so I can know many total I burn through out my day. Any suggestions?