48 lbs. to lose...how long did it take you?

Options
Hey,
Just curious if anyone out there has an experience losing around 50 lbs.? Following my alloted calories closely (either under or withing 100 cal) and eating my exercise calories.
Thanks!

Replies

• theatr3geek
    Options
    Lost 40 in 4 months! However, I suggest losing it more slowly because now my body is having a slight freakout at 117 pounds.
  • crobertson1916
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds in approximately 9 months. However, I was not counting calories, and was just simply watching what I ate and working out. It's just going to depend on your body and literally what you take in (food) vs. what you put out (exercise). Hope that helps.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm at 47lbs gone so far, and I started April '10.. but I've been maintaining for about 2 months now.. Good luck on your journey!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Lost exactly 40 pounds in 2 months. 73 pounds in just under 5 months. But i am on very specialized program.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The 1st 50 took me about 6 or 7 months...but I did it slowly.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    46 lbs in 6.5 months :heart:
  • smartfix
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 25 pounds and my wife 4 months to lose 40 pounds.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    It took me a year and a half...the first 30 came off quickly, the next 20 took about 2x as long. But considering I lost it much quicker than I gained it...I was OK with that.
  • ratmamaof2
    Options
    I have lost 50.5 pounds in 5 months. I have another 54.5 pounds to go.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have lost 48 lbs. in 4 months. I was just watching what I was eating (portion control, eliminating sweets) and attempting to move around more.

Now that I've joined MFP, I'm counting calories and documenting what I eat, what exercise I do, so I hope the next 50 pounds come off as easily.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I lost 34lbs in something like 6 months.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    7 months for 50 pounds for me..now im stuck lol
  • kimwig
    kimwig Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey,
    Just curious if anyone out there has an experience losing around 50 lbs.? Following my alloted calories closely (either under or withing 100 cal) and eating my exercise calories.
    Thanks!
    Lost 40 lb since April going from to 172 lb to132 lb. I rarely ate exercise calories, and exercised for around one hour each day. My issue was with over estimating what you burn during exercise. I know some people say eat only half, I would only eat them if I got very hungry, which I did early on, and now less so.

I was (am still) on a 1300-ish per day. During this time though (over the first couple of months) I slowly removed alcohol, dairy and meat from my diet. This really helped as it took these "tempting" calories out of the equation. I found if I could not have them I did not think of them.

I also implemented a principle of not drinking my calories. So all I now drink is water, black tea or black coffee.

On this my (better) half lost over 100 lb, and is now lighter than he was in his 20's (in his 40's now).
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have lost 55 pounds in exactly 4 months. It varies with each person how long it takes to lose weight. Good luck with your journey
  • Courtneyannlo
    Options
    How?
  • kreynolds322
    kreynolds322 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lost 50lbs in 8 mths.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    60 lbs in 9 months