I'm so tired today...

Options
My kids had me up and down all night. I'm exhausted and feeling stressed out. I know that when I'm feeling this way I tend to use food as away to make me feel better and stay energized just so I can get through the day (I'm a stay home mom of two children under 4). I really want to find a way to break that habit. Any advice or suggestions?

Replies

• HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My kids had me up and down all night. I'm exhausted and feeling stressed out. I know that when I'm feeling this way I tend to use food as away to make me feel better and stay energized just so I can get through the day (I'm a stay home mom of two children under 4). I really want to find a way to break that habit. Any advice or suggestions?
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have yourself a cup of coffee and some fruit! Then make sure you take a nap with them later!
    Maybe not the best advice, but that's what I would do :ohwell:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    They where not SICK where they? :frown:
    I think we have all been there in one form or another.
    Hey even Fitness experts have those kind of nights.
    The coffee and fruit is a GREAT idea if you can not get some Zzzs till tonight.
    HOWEVER. In times of stress, these are the times that we need to feed our bodies what they need to fight illness. IE The fruit idea! Eat DARK RED and GREEN veggies and fruits, Like Spinich and red peppers, Berries, and things like that. Take about 4 extra Vit Cs and get to bed as EARLY as you possible can.
    If you feel like you need to workout today, which I do not sugest BTW. Make it a simple walk, or
    1 flight of stairs.
    When your body is already tierd, it is not the time to make it more so.
    Get to bed ASAP. and take care of yourself dear. :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. My daughter is now 3, but up until about 6 months ago, I was up will her at least every 2 hours:explode: . When she was an infant. I was able to get in 4 hours of sleep on a good night:yawn: . Now when she sleeps all night, I still wake up our of habit to check on her at least 2 times. I am hoping to stop that. Anyway. I just grab a hot cup of coffee or 3 and eat a great breakfast and go for it. I also try to take a nap in the afternoon with her. I will rock her and set the alarm for half hour. I feel so alive after that cat nap. Anything over that, I cannot get up and going.
    You just have to get up and go. Maybe do some jumping jacks, lunges, or whatever you like to do. Get in a nap and you can do it. :flowerforyou: