ISO Working Mom Friends

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am giving this a go again, hopefully finding the motivation and dedication to stick with it. I am a married mom of 2.. i have an 8 year old son and an 8 month old daughter. I work full-time, 45-60 hours per week. I am looking for friends in similar situations. I know everyone says "if you want it bad enough you will find time" and I am trying really hard to do that. I love to cook (not so much on the cleanup though) and would be interested in any quick healthy recipes you want to share as well! If our situations sound similar or if you just need a friend for some support, add me :)

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... Full-time single mom here. I always love new friends.
  • DanieRCC
    DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a married, mom of two. I work full time and feel your pain on feeling like you are always running out of time.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request also. I work full time with two kids, a third grader and a two year old in daycare. It isn't easy, but I hope I can help somebody feel like its possible!
  • smithja2003
    smithja2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel you. It is hard to juggle all the roles and still take care of you. My kids are 6 and 3 and I work full-time as well. I would always feel guilty about working out after work because my kids are already away from me for 10 hours a day anyways. This year I saw a number I haven't seen since I was pregnant and combined with a not so great report from my doctor, I realized that if I don't get me healthy then I won't be here with my kids. Rather than waste travel time going to the gym, I started giving them 100% daddy time when we first got home and I would go out and walk, then I started jogging and now I've started training for a 5k. I'm gone 30 -45 minutes. The kids play with dad and then we deal with homework, dinner and baths once I get back. I'm discovering that I'm more into them once I get back from my walk/run because I've managed to use that time to clear my head from the day.

I sent a friend request.
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'll add you!! I'm also a working Mom. My son is 2. I find it hard to get up in the morning to work out, but I'm hoping to do it at least once this week!!
    One day at a time!! Try little things, like parking a little further away from where you're going (even further in the parking lot). Or taking the stairs instead of elevator (even going down the stairs helps!)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. Smithja2003... that is my big issue. as soon as i pick Addelyn up from daycare she clings to me. by that point ive been gone for at least 9 hours and when i get home she just wants mommy time. I have a jogging stroller for her, i think i will start with walks that way she can go with me. i appreciate the support everyone :)
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Married, work full-time, Mom of (2) boys 16 and 11............ TOTALLY understand! I use a crock pot A LOT!!!! :wink:
    still trying to manage myself for the exercise (if you don't count all the running around with the kids to their activities- LOL!!!) I wear a fitbit, so I try to cahllenge myself throughout the day to take the stairs, or walk a little extra during the day if my steps aren't where I'd like for the day.....

little bit at a time.
  • mt_momto2
    Options
    Married, work full time, and mom of 2 young girls... I feel you! We've started family walks each evening, before dinner. At least I get out and do something. I'm also trying to work out one to two mornings a week before work (at 5am). I just keep telling myself that it's all about the baby steps.
  • manderthegreat
    manderthegreat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me. I am a married, working MOM. and dang it gets hard to focus on yourself