Hmm.. what do you guys think.

Options
I'm not sure. I thought I wanted to get down to 100 pounds, but I'm really starting to be happy with the body I'm in at 5'3'' and117. I'm thinking about maybe really starting to focus on toning and eating right (enough fruits, veggies, water, whole grains, etc. and cutting out red meat). I think that I set my goal too low and maybe, just maybe I can learn to be happy in THIS body.
What do you guys think. Do you think it's a mistake to stop here?

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    100 lbs. is an unhealthy BMI for someone your height. Healthy BMI for 5'3" is 107-135 lbs. Being at 117 lbs. puts your BMI at just under 21 which is great. If it were me, I would focus on toning and clean eating.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    lifting heavy weights would tone you up rather than focusing on getting to a lower weight. it depends on what your goal is
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    100 lbs. is an unhealthy BMI for someone your height. Healthy BMI for 5'3" is 107-135 lbs. Being at 117 lbs. puts your BMI at just under 21 which is great. If it were me, I would focus on toning and clean eating.

Ditto ditto ditto :flowerforyou:
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Honestly, I think you look gorgeous! I just looked at your photos and thought for a second that you'd put up a model or actress' picture for inspiration. Your headshots are beautiful! As for your goal weight, that's a personal call. If you feel like you don't mind putting that 100lb goal on hold, definitely focus on building sustainable habits and eating right. Maybe try maintaining your current weight for 4-6 months and then decide if you're happy there or want to keep losing.

Best of luck!
  • juliedk
    Options
    exercise ... lift weights .. i completely agree w/ the above ...
    start w/ lighter weights so you don't get frustrated ...
    then work up to heavier weights ...
    muscle weighs more than fat ...
    and looks better than loose skin ...
    100 lbs will, most likely, be too thin!!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that you should focus on toning and if by working on that you lose kore weight...then so be it. I would not restrict my calories to a "weight loss" level, but focus on being healthy.
  • helenamonks
    Options
    Absolutely not! 117 is super healthy for someone who is 5'3"!!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I think the 117 is a great weight at 5'3" and think 100 would be unhealthy.
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    I think you are beautiful just the way you are, all that matters is that you are HAPPY with your body and the way you look. Thats the basic reason why we have come on this site, to be happy in our own skin. To be proud of our bodies! If your happy. Then that's all that matters :)
  • cassidystreasures
    Options

i agree, work on toning and keep eating right
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    You answered your own question :) you are happy where your at. It is a good healthy weight for someone your height. My thought is maintain where your at and keep your muscles toned with light strength training. If your healthy and happy your goal is reached. Just my opinion. Congrats
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    You look awesome as is. I'd say your weight is fine. From here forward, toning and maintenence would be the way to go.:bigsmile:
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    honestly that is what i am doing. when i fit in my size 0 jeans i was 108 but now i am 120 and i fit better in my jeans. i weigh more cause i have more muscle and i love it. so tone up and you will see that you will look better toned up than being 100 pounds.
  • jongwoons
    Options
    You look great the way you are now! Anything lower might not be a good idea.
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The BMI doesn't lie. There's no doubt you could reach your 100lbs but you can tone and reach your ideal self without losing any more weight. Speaking from experience: I'm 5"4 and a bit and 5 years ago I, through strictly exercise I dropped to 105lbs. I didn't think anything of it because I was eating like a horse but I was also over exercising because I was pretty unhappy about a lot of things in my life. Being that size didn't make me any happier and then when people in my inner circle started sitting me down and telling me they were worried about me and my weight I kind of woke up and took a good look in the mirror. Sure I had an amazingly flat and cut stomach, arms, legs but I also had hip bones that were popping out, you could see my rib cage from my collar bone to my chest and there was no point in wearing a bra anymore because I went from 34C to 32AA. I sit here and think I would love to have that stomach again but that's about it. Five years ago all it took was me to tone down my exercising from 7 days a week to 4 days for my body to wake up and gain weight. I don't think 100lbs for you or 105lbs for me is really a weight you/I could maintain without long term effects. Five years and a baby later 116/117lbs is my goal weight and I wouldn't go back to anything lower than 115lbs. :)
  • nadavenport93
    Options
    THANK YOU. You look beautiful in your body. You always have. 100 pounds is too drastic I think. I think you're making the right decision. I love you best friend =)
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

I COMPLETELY agree with the above. 100 lbs. is too thin. That is basically the weight of an elementary aged child. Take it from a fellow 5'3 woman - You should stop and be happy right where you are. You look beautiful! :smile: