Getting depressed looking at my profile pix that was taken t

Options
Im so dissappointed that I gained all my weight back I remember how hard it was to take it off 3 yrs later at 46 this is what my body looks like I feel so ugly right now. And Im so frigging hungry 700 calories a day 200 calories burned with exercise Im bummed

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wait... 700 calories a day? That's not healthy... and it'll make it hard to lose weight.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    You are not ugly! And why in the world are you only eating 700 calories a day??? You're never going to feel good doing that! Eat, girl! And chin up.....you're doing fine!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It is harder for you to lose weight if you are not eating enough and 700 calories a day is just not enough. Bump it up to at the very least 1200. I have mine set for 1640. Your body is holding on to every little bit you put in your mouth. Also you are not ugly. It makes you feel worse when you put yourself down. :flowerforyou:
  • tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yup your body will enter starvation mode and start cannibalising muscle and storing more fat. everyone here is right you need at least 1200 cals a day
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im so dissappointed that I gained all my weight back I remember how hard it was to take it off 3 yrs later at 46 this is what my body looks like I feel so ugly right now. And Im so frigging hungry 700 calories a day 200 calories burned with exercise Im bummed

700 calories? You should check under "tools" and check your BMI to see how many calories that you use each day if you just stayed in bed --- then there should be some taken off of that, no more that 600 to be healthy. If you work out, you eat those calories too.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You are not eating enough causing your body to hang onto everything you put in your mouth. You need to eat at least 1200 cals. No wonder you are frustrated. You are starving and the weight is not coming off. try eating 1200 cals a day and get in some light exercise.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!!
    Im in my 40's too & this is the most I've ever weighed too. I have 87 pounds to lose!!!
    But 700 calories is not healthy. You may be setting yourself up for failure.
    While you will lose weight fast, it will come back & then some.
    You need to talk to a dietician (or a doctor).
    I did & she put me on a 1500 calorie diet.
    Im suppose to eat smaller portions every 4 hours.
    Maybe this is something that would work for you.
  • bradspace
    Options
    Don"t let it get you down!! I know, easier said than done. You did it once, you can do it again. Set your mind to it, set realistic goals and move forward one step at a time. I was heavy, lost it all and got into great shape and then let it all go. I finally decided that it was time and now I am on the road back to where I want to be and where I know I can and should be. It seems like a long way off, but I didn't put the weight on overnight either. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be mad or depressed, but once you get through that, set your resolve and get back in the fight! Feel free to friend me if you'd like, I'll be happy to offer encouragement and support.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    Hugs. I know its hard but hang on there. You are going to do it again and make changes to last a life time. Please eat more calories. You need to feed you body healthy stuff to support any kind of weight loss. Eating less and working more is a no no. You body will keep the fat as a survival mode.

Stay off the scale. Most times its not my friend. Work on building a good work out routine. Stay focused. We are here to offer support and help (if needed). Most of us have been on a yo yo for our adult life. 2011 is going to be a year of good changes. Some are coming your way.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    You are beautiful. I promise.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Okay, it sounds like everyone has given you good "mommy" advice. Now, it sounds like you could use a friend or two on this journey. There's nothing like having a little encouragement. I don't see what you see in your picture, but I understand how you feel. Now, as depressing as that picture may be to you now...just think how you will feel when you post it next to your "after" pic! You can absolutely do this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • mariannajohn
    Options
    :smile: Thank you everyone for your support I def needed it. As I was reading everyone's post I think it might be a good idea as every said to eat more, after all it didn't take overnight to put it on. Today Im feeling alot better I actually got dressed to come to work, my orginal plan was to stay home and probably sulk but I didn't . Thank You All soooo much and by the way so many of you look amazing and it's great that I found this site to meet everyone.