vertical gastric sleevers

50+ looking to loose 70 lbs, loose pre diabetes & meds, get blood pressure down, reduce cancer risk from obesity, be more active & exercise more easily.

I am 8 weeks out from the procedure with no problems, I feel great. No meds & blood sugars & pressure are all within normal range.

Lost 23lbs in 4 weeks & now nothing. Keeping a food diary & struggling to eat 800 cals a day. If i get hungry then generally 6 bites & I am done, no bread, minimal carbs, water is good but struggling to reach protein goal so am back in the protein shakes carb & sugar free. Vits & water generally quite good. At the gym 4 times a week cardio & weights as i lost a small amount of muscle, just looking to maintain not build. So I don't think I have put on muscle.

Everyone else seems to loose a huge amount of weight so what am I doing wrong? Why am I not loosing?

Any sleevers out there who have had the same problem? What can I do to start loosing again?

Replies

• sfonken
    sfonken Posts: 9 Member
    Stick with it. One of these days you will wake up and the weight will just fall off! I have not had the sleeve but I am willing to be your MFP friend.