Honey Lime chicken

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Making tonight for girlfriends ... Have had several times before, very good.even better the next day! www.slenderkitchen.com

Honey Lime Chicken
Servings: 4
Serving Size: around 6 oz. chicken
Nutritional Info: 223 calories, 7.8g of fat, 3.1g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 34.1g of protein, 2.5g of sugar
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *

Ingredients

1.33 lbs. chicken, cut into thick strips
1/4 cup cilantro, packed
Juice of 3 limes
2 garlic cloves
1.5 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. red pepper lakes
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. plain nonfat yogurt
Instructions

Add the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, honey, salt, cumin, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and yogurt to a food processor. Pulse until a marinade/sauce is formed.
Marinate the chicken in half of the mixture overnight, ideally for around 24 hours. Save remaining sauce for dipping/drizzling.
When ready to cook, remove chicken and let excess marinate drip off. Using a grill or grill pan, preheat the grill and cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.

Replies

• WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How perfect - I have thawed chicken breast in my fridge. Thanks a ton! A certain winner, as always. :)
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    That sounds fab. Will have to try it out this weekend.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Thanks.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this thanks!
  • talonspiritcat
    talonspiritcat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use pretty much that same recipe to make fajitias.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty! Will have to try
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This looks amazingly delicious! I wish it was possible to save threads!!!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options

When you reply to threads they are saved under your My Topics tab. So you do have this thread saved :smile:

Edited to ask: I am assuming this recipe is made using chicken breasts since it doesn't specify. Is that correct?
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Bumping...because this sounds awesome.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options

When you reply to threads they are saved under your My Topics tab. So you do have this thread saved :smile:

Edited to ask: I am assuming this recipe is made using chicken breasts since it doesn't specify. Is that correct?

Yeah, but I always feel bad commenting something so useless. :P
  • eaherbst
    eaherbst Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds Yummy:)
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mygsds
    Options

I used chicken breasts but other people that I have given this to used boneless skinless thighs.. Both good..
  • Mygsds
    Options

Anything you respond to even If you just type bump, it will go into your threads. So look at the number under your profile, and all you have responded to will be there....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Anything you respond to even If you just type bump, it will go into your threads. So look at the number under your profile, and all you have responded to will be there....

.... I am an idiot. Seriously? I have like 3000 posts on here and have always thought "what's the point of bumping, the "My Topics" tab only shows your most recent 25". It never occured to me to click that number, even though I do it to other members. DUH.

On topic, yummy recipe! I think it might make it into lunch rotation.
  • Mygsds
    Options

.... I am an idiot. Seriously? I have like 3000 posts on here and have always thought "what's the point of bumping, the "My Topics" tab only shows your most recent 25". It never occured to me to click that number, even though I do it to other members. DUH.

On topic, yummy recipe! I think it might make it into lunch rotation.

You are NOT an idiot!!!!!! I didn't know it until someone told me. :)
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish
  • ljzylstra
    Options
    Bumping to save this. I also wish there was a way to just save a thread without needing to fill space with an unnecessary comment someone will end up wasting their time reading.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Bumping to save this. I also wish there was a way to just save a thread without needing to fill space with an unnecessary comment someone will end up wasting their time reading.

You can just add a smiley and it will work, or do a search later.