average weight loss

Options
Just wondering if some of you can share your average monthly weight loss when you stay on plan?

Replies

• classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some months I've lost 8-10 pounds other zero, nada, nothing. Make sure you measure yourself too. The months I didn't lose I lost inches.
  • 135sb
    135sb Posts: 24
    Options
    so when you weren't losing pounds you still lost inches.. I started mid December but have not been on a scale yet. I have lost inches for sure. I will weigh in Feb 1st. I am a little nervous.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    I've lost 4 pounds each month (1 lb per week).
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    5.5-6 like clockwork
  • 135sb
    Options
    I've lost 4 pounds each month (1 lb per week).
    would that be because you are close to goal that you lose slower?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    For me, it's 6 lbs. per month when I stay on goal.
  • ReadyMom
    Options
    The first 2 months I lost 10 lbs each then the last 3 months I'm losing 6-7 a month.
  • MinnesotaMommyof3
    Options
    My doctor told me that a pound a week is right on par. I would think yes, if you have a lot to loose you would see more but she said at least a pound a week is great!
  • 135sb
    Options
    The first 2 months I lost 10 lbs each then the last 3 months I'm losing 6-7 a month.

i was hoping for 8-10 a month. is that not realistic. when peolpe set goals and do challenges how do they obtain those goals if the body only wants to do so much?
  • 135sb
    Options
    I was hoping to get more responses. it is encouraging to hear other's reports:)
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    so when you weren't losing pounds you still lost inches.. I started mid December but have not been on a scale yet. I have lost inches for sure. I will weigh in Feb 1st. I am a little nervous.

Yes. Exactly. I only measured once a month though because for me it came off slowly. I would get mad and want to give up. I've lost a total of 50 inches so far.
  • 135sb
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I guess I've "averaged" a pound a week. The first week I lost 2, then the next week I lost 0.5. There have been weeks I haven't lost a thing, then I'll lose 1.5 :)

I just think of the fish in Finding Nemo: "just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"

I'm going to keep going and keep exercising and see what happens! :)
  • 135sb
    Options
    Thanks for the input. It helps to hear about others journeys..to kinda know what to expect down the road.