What is my body frame?

I'm trying to determine my ideal weight by figuring out my body frame but am a little confused. I'm a 21 year old, 207 lbs, 5'10 male. My wrist circumference is 6.5-7 (it goes up when I weigh more) and my elbow breadth is 2.75 inches. Would that mean I am borderlined small and medium? For what it's worth also, my ankle circumference is 9.5 inches.
What is your intuition on my ideal frame and what would you consider me?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    I don't understand the question. If you want to know how much weight you need to lose, simply lose enough weight until you are happy with how you look/feel. No one is going to be able to tell you at what weight that will be. Some people want to be "fit" looking, some people want 6 pack abs, some people want big biceps, etc. Your personal goals will dictate your weight, not your body frame.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    I don't understand the question. If you want to know how much weight you need to lose, simply lose enough weight until you are happy with how you look/feel. No one is going to be able to tell you at what weight that will be. Some people want to be "fit" looking, some people want 6 pack abs, some people want big biceps, etc. Your personal goals will dictate your weight, not your body frame.

This ^^
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member

This ^^

Um, yep, this!
  • I know what you mean but I'm not really asking which weight I should, but rather which body frame I am based on my bone measurements. Figuring out my body frame size would help me to set weight loss goals. ya know?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    I know what you mean but I'm not really asking which weight I should, but rather which body frame I am based on my bone measurements. Figuring out my body frame size would help me to set weight loss goals. ya know?
    Just lose 10 lbs at a time and reevaluate your physique. There aren't set body types like small frame or large frame. Everyone is different. I have massive legs and t-rex arms, what body frame is that? Again, you'll just have to keep losing until you like how you look.
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    I know what you mean but I'm not really asking which weight I should, but rather which body frame I am based on my bone measurements. Figuring out my body frame size would help me to set weight loss goals. ya know?
    Just lose 10 lbs at a time and reevaluate your physique. There aren't set body types like small frame or large frame. Everyone is different. I have massive legs and t-rex arms, what body frame is that? Again, you'll just have to keep losing until you like how you look.

LOL. I love your replies!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    I JUST read last week or so that those fancy medical research people have concluded that "body frame" is irrelevant. If you're trying to use one of those calculators online and it's asking you to figure that out, maybe find a different one that doesn't ask for body frame? Je ne sais pas!!