Stomach issue here.. apple shape?

Options
Hi all
I got an issue with my stomach

It's not fat anymore but I still have to suck it in!

If I flex, or suck a bit- excellent, relaxed - 3 month prego..

Please guru of sports, help...
PS. History of ED - had a bulimia for years , years ago.. Could I stretch my inner organs or smth??

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just about everyone has a gut if they totally relax it.

gQcWHJL.gif

Look into anterior pelvic tilt issues as well, it can cause your midsection to jut out like in this picture:

anterior-pelvic-tilt.png

Finally, with a history of ED I'd look into body dysmorphia issues.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

congrats, you have a completely normal human body
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow! Are u sure it's normal? I m totally okey if it's normal,
    Just I never saw any girl who is fit with stomach outside :) should catch one off guard than ? :)
  • oksanatkachuk
    Options
    Just about everyone has a gut if they totally relax it.

gQcWHJL.gif

Look into anterior pelvic tilt issues as well, it can cause your midsection to jut out like in this picture:

anterior-pelvic-tilt.png

Finally, with a history of ED I'd look into body dysmorphia issues.

Yes, that's the one bugger :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I got an issue with my stomach

It's not fat anymore but I still have to suck it in!

Please guru of sports, help...
    PS. History of ED - had a bulimia for years , years ago.. Could I stretch my inner organs or smth??

Stretch your organs? Uhhhh....

See your doctor and maybe it wouldn't hurt to see a counselor or psychiatrist.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just I never saw any girl who is fit with stomach outside :) should catch one off guard than ? :)

totally normal. same thing on models or actresses or athletes
  • monicastricker9
    Options
    the stomach is a constant annoyance. I would say look at little tweaks in your eating such as cleaning it up some more if there is room for that. But a little tip a lot of people do no know is that you can actually build ab muscles out. What I mean by that is that you need to hold your stomach muscles in when you do ab work, crunches etc as well as focus on breathing. If you are completely relaxed you can build a stomach as well but it will be rounded instead of flat.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    the stomach is a constant annoyance. I would say look at little tweaks in your eating such as cleaning it up some more if there is room for that. But a little tip a lot of people do no know is that you can actually build ab muscles out. What I mean by that is that you need to hold your stomach muscles in when you do ab work, crunches etc as well as focus on breathing. If you are completely relaxed you can build a stomach as well but it will be rounded instead of flat.

What? :huh:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

What? :huh:

yeah......what?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

For an example, one runner shared her runway vs normal pics. These were taken the same week

01-oiselle.jpg

photo-3-2-e1379637294340-470x1024.jpg

Her whole post on the matter.
    http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2013/11/keeping-it-real/
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents worth:

I think we (women especially) tend to compare ourselves unfavorably with the media. We need to remember that even shots of most fitness models have been manipulated somewhat by lighting, angle, etc. Plus these people sometimes dehydrate themselves before the pics so no one sees any bulges or sags.

And then there are the fashion models. . . . Do I need to describe all the images that show starved looking women trying to tell us that is how we should all look?

So what we are aspiring to look like is not even real.

I love some of the threads on here where regular women post success pics of themselves. Their bodies are not perfect, but they are beautiful. It helps give me some perspective, because I can be hyper critical of myself too.

Likely, your body is normal. Most of us have a tummy if we don't practice good posture and hold it in a bit. (And if we've just had Chinese food--well don't even look in the mirror!)

If your tummy seems excessive, get it checked out by a doctor, and then look for some REAL people who are fit to compare yourself to.

I find myself more and more admiring fit, strong looking ladies, rather than those who are skin and bones.

It is a process!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

For an example, one runner shared her runway vs normal pics. These were taken the same week

01-oiselle.jpg

photo-3-2-e1379637294340-470x1024.jpg

Her whole post on the matter.
    http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2013/11/keeping-it-real/

I just spent wayyyyy too long trying to find those pics and then I see that you already posted them. Thanks Obama!
  • oksanatkachuk
    Options
    My 2 cents worth:

I think we (women especially) tend to compare ourselves unfavorably with the media. We need to remember that even shots of most fitness models have been manipulated somewhat by lighting, angle, etc. Plus these people sometimes dehydrate themselves before the pics so no one sees any bulges or sags.

And then there are the fashion models. . . . Do I need to describe all the images that show starved looking women trying to tell us that is how we should all look?

I love some of the threads on here where regular women post success pics of themselves. Their bodies are not perfect, but they are beautiful. It helps give me some perspective, because I can be hyper critical of myself too.

Likely, your body is normal. Most of us have a tummy if we don't practice good posture and hold it in a bit. (And if we've just had Chinese food--well don't even look in the mirror!)

If your tummy seems excessive, get it checked out by a doctor, and then look for some REAL people who are fit to compare yourself to.

I find myself more and more admiring fit, strong looking ladies, rather than those who are skin and bones.

It is a process!

Yes! Thank u , i currently don't have any females walking around relaxed to compare. All I see are on TV etc and local swimming pool.
    And for anybody here who thought I m psycho or smth- thank u for ur opinion.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    <
    Big ol' gut when not sucking it in. Especially if I've just eaten anything. It's normal. Ab exercises can help tighten the core and rein that in, as long as it's not actual fat making the bulge.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Also, not really on topic here, but I'm not sure you have an accurate idea of what three months pregnant looks like. At 12 weeks, a baby is the size of a lime. Very little bulge, if any, would be visible. *The more you know*
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents worth:

It is a process!

Yes! Thank u , i currently don't have any females walking around relaxed to compare. All I see are on TV etc and local swimming pool.
    And for anybody here who thought I m psycho or smth- thank u for ur opinion.

OHhhhhh the swimming pool. . . My kids are competitive swimmers, and the girl swimmers are incredibly fit. If I compare my middle aged self with them I will go into depression!!!

Hang in there!
  • oksanatkachuk
    Options
    Also, not really on topic here, but I'm not sure you have an accurate idea of what three months pregnant looks like. At 12 weeks, a baby is the size of a lime. Very little bulge, if any, would be visible. *The more you know*

Hehe figure of speech :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

^^^THIS. Totally normal.