what is the best HRM to get?

Options
I really want to invest in a heart rate monitor. what is the kind that would be best worth my investment?

Replies

• howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT7 seem to be the most popular one on this site.
    They usually cost about $108.00 at various stores ( Sears, MC Sporting....).
    They are consider one of the best to get.
    I got my HRM from Walmarts (a cheap brand that isn't a Polar) and it does what I need it to do. Mainly to count my calorie burn.
    All HRM does difference things for you, it is what you want the HRM to do and how much money are you going to spend on ti.
    I purchase the cheaper brand so I can also see what the HRM does.
    Depending on how well this one does, I do plan on buying anohter one later this year. I will this time know more of what I want in a HRM.
    So it just depend on what you want it to do. I believe that you can program the Polar FT7 for some of the workouts that you do.
    For more information on this site, just click "search" and in the input box type"Polar HRM" or just "HRM" and you will get other posting pertaining to what you typed in.
    Hope this helps.......
  • fiddledee
    Options
    I am a big fan of polar heart rate monitors (HRM) , my opinion is that they are the market leaders and offer something for everyone (I have been using them for over 10 years now). You need to think about how complicated you want it (general fitness, running etc) as HRM can come with in built GPS, altimeters etc and are more like fitness computers. As part of the motivation for exercise you can get HRM that allow you to download the information onto a computer and map your progres over time (much like this site).
  • closermotion
    closermotion Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm basically just interested in seeing an accurate total of my calorie burn. Thanks guys, for your help!