I subbed my dinner for cheesecake, no regrets.

Options
Does anyone else replace a meal with something they can't squeeze in?
I got home from a 10 hours shift, ran a radox bath and demolished a baked cheesecake.

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ive replaced dinner with chocolate more times than I can count :laugh: :laugh:
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in a calorie deficit or eating at maintenance for the day and you don't do it all the time I don't see any harm. My favorite Mexican restaurant will be at my work tomorrow for lunch and on Friday they are having red velvet cake with cream cheese icing (yes I think they are out to get me lol) so if I decide to indulge in either of those that is what I will do as well.
  • toastfiendqt
    Options
    I'm staying with my boyfriend at the moment, he gets two cakes AND dinner. I find it a lot easier to have my cake instead of dinner on those rough days where your cravings are wild. Morning coffee set me off when I saw these. :love:

1AD7115A-0FF8-4A1F-A258-4778633D4F18_zpsiwgz2foq.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep, and with cheesecake too. But it does suck when you get hungry an hour later.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hah! I did exactly that last night.

My remaining half slice of Cheesecake Factory caramel pecan turtle cheesecake for dinner (6pm). Did not get even remotely hungry again for hours, which is no surprise considering how rich that particular cheesecake is. And it has a rosette on top of what has to be pure chocolate frosting. Plus whipped cream.

Around 11pm, I did feel a little peckish so I ate a hard boiled egg. Filled out my macros almost perfectly, put me over calories by ...

wait for it ...

a whole 18 cals.

I have to admit I'm glad it's gone, though. That flavor cheesecake is going to be a once a year thing for me, if that. It was so rich it made me feel off. Now, the banana cream cheesecake ... that I could eat once a week for sure.
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes! I made a cheesecake for my boyfriend this past week and I had one slice (280 calories whaaaat?!?) It through off my day and I ended up eating a really light dinner. It was delicious but after having that one piece I'm just not that interested in it. lol. He's eaten half of it by himself. I'm gonna have to take the rest to work and feed my coworkers.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had a hot fudge sunday for dinner not to long ago. It was delicious.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just last night I ate a few servings of Tortilla chips instead of dinner. I just love those chips. May do it again tonight:)
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    occasionally i have ice cream for supper :drinker:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you do what you gotta do. I had a lunch of Cheetos once.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,947 Member
    Options
    Yup! I do this too! But I've learned better than to make that substitution at lunch for dinner... ie "I'll eat this cheesecake now with my lunch and skip dinner" - this doesn't work for me. I get hungry at dinner. Meanwhile if I'd actually had the cheesecake FOR dinner, I wouldn't be left hungry.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Just last night I ate a few servings of Tortilla chips instead of dinner. I just love those chips. May do it again tonight:)

I have had tortilla chips, salsa and Corona for dinner on more than one occasion. Sometimes I add black beans to the salsa so it will be more balanced. :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hah! I did exactly that last night.

My remaining half slice of Cheesecake Factory caramel pecan turtle cheesecake for dinner (6pm). Did not get even remotely hungry again for hours, which is no surprise considering how rich that particular cheesecake is. And it has a rosette on top of what has to be pure chocolate frosting. Plus whipped cream.

Around 11pm, I did feel a little peckish so I ate a hard boiled egg. Filled out my macros almost perfectly, put me over calories by ...

wait for it ...

a whole 18 cals.

I have to admit I'm glad it's gone, though. That flavor cheesecake is going to be a once a year thing for me, if that. It was so rich it made me feel off. Now, the banana cream cheesecake ... that I could eat once a week for sure.

I split that one with my husband last time. My favorite. SO GOOD.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I did that in July after I went to Cheesecake Factory...half the slice at dinner (fine, we had a late lunch and it was Saturday which is my biggest walking day), and half for dinner the next day
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not on a regular basis, but yes tonight dinner is 1/2 a macaroni grill chocolate cake with ganace and whipped cream and a glass of milk (gotta get the protein in there :)). 720 calories.
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen Banana Split for dinner -- it has bananas in it and those are a Real Fruit (TM), right? I think we all have those days, lol.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Raises hand

Cookies and ice cream. Was worth the hunger 2 hrs later.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.. but then I get very hungry shortly after.. so I try not to do it too often.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ive replaced dinner with chocolate more times than I can count :laugh: :laugh:

Same here! Chocolate junkies :laugh:
  • TestingFun01
    TestingFun01 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All the time. I can't resist good Swiss chocolate and I just CAN NOT eat one piece. I eat the whole slab. But I'm weird because I get and stay full from sweets. So I can have that chocolate and actually not feel hungry until the next meal.