Weigh in

Options
How often should I weigh in? I just started 2 weeks ago. I do not want to get discouraged if I haven't lost what I think I should have so far...

Replies

• kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    hmmm its a tough one! I weigh-in once a week usually. depends how physical ive been to tell you the truth haah but ive been told only to use one scale like not yours and then your mums or like not yours and then the gyms.... :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good for anyone. Pick a day of the week that you know will challenge you. I just changed mine back to Monday because it forces me to do better on the weekend when I struggle a lot because I typically have more time on my hands to fill and get sidetracked into not eating or overeating or oversnacking, etc.
  • adeedoo
    Options
    thanks for the ideas ladies!
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It is proven the more often you weigh yourself the more likely you will be to lose more weight.

Dieters, step on your scales! (DAILY)
    By Rosie Mestel, LATimes.com

Sure it does, say many weight loss experts. Weighing yourself is a clear way to monitor progress or catch (and nip in the bud) a slow, steady uptick in lardage. Not so fast, say others. The glacially slow nature of weight loss, plus those spiky daily fluctuations in body weight, might actually make dieters more apt to throw in the towel.

Now, just in time for the waist-expanding holiday season, a new study has come down on the side of daily weigh-ins. Published in the December issue of the Annals of Behavioral Medicine, it reports that dieters who weighed themselves regularly shed more pounds over a 24-month period than people who didn’t regularly weigh themselves. Those who weighed themselves daily lost the most.

Wife and I weigh ourselves daily first thing when we get up. Have lost a combined 120 lbs+ in 8-9 months.