Hey there everybody!

Options
Hello all!

To tell you a little about me, I'm 25 years old and I live in New Orleans, La. I've been on my fitness pal for a few weeks now, and I would really love to make some friends who are into getting their health on track and perhaps share ideas with here and there. I love to cook and try new recipes. I find it hard to stick to eating healthy with all the delicious food we have down here but I know it's a must to feel better and look better. So if any body is looking for a new friend, i'm open! :)

Replies

• Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome! feel free to add me if you wish! I live in Georgia.
  • alison2earth
    Options
    Hello! I just have to say that I love NOLA. I'm trying to make new friends on here too, but I can tell you that I would probably dieting even harder for you... Because, I love NOLA food!! I told my husband if we moved there, eating healthy would just be out the window forever. lol. Anyhow. That's great you love to cook... I'm sure you'll find recipes that will be totally suitable and maybe ALMOST as good as New Orleans cuisine. ;) Good luck and welcome! :D
  • Breezybrie504
    Breezybrie504 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! Yes I do love to cook but find ti hard to cook "healthier" versions of my fave food without messing up the flavor of the dish. I have faith that I will learn one day though :)
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey! I love to cook too! I have found several recipes that I love that are also very healthy! Feel free to send me a FR :)
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean..I love food...and eating it!..just joined too..trying to lose 50lbs again...Feel free to friend me!
  • BirmingDan
    Options
    I married a New Orleans gal, and we lived there several years. She's a great cook, even here in Alabama, where the seafood is not as plentiful. Last night she made Shrimp Alfredo that was delicious, and was only 400 calories.

Good Luck!

Danny
  • Breezybrie504
    Breezybrie504 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I married a New Orleans gal, and we lived there several years. She's a great cook, even here in Alabama, where the seafood is not as plentiful. Last night she made Shrimp Alfredo that was delicious, and was only 400 calories.

Good Luck!

Danny

Oh awesome! Unfortunately, I don't eat seafood so it makes things a tad bit harder lol
  • rachelmiller89
    rachelmiller89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would love some new friends on here...that actually use the app on a regular basis. I am the same way! lol I love to cook and try new things but always find myself reaching for the more delectable and less healthy choices.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey there Breezy, I love New Orleans food. You can add me I would love to get some of those low cal cajun recipes from you
  • LacieW85
    LacieW85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 28 years old living in Alabama.