Hello From Louisiana!

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal since Sept. 2013. I use it on Sundays for my shopping list and to make meal plans for the rest of the week. That way I know exactly how many calories I can consume each day. The food diary with tracking my calories, my lifestyle change, and exercise (walking more than 10,000 steps per day) has enabled me to lose 100 lbs!:smile: I pay particular attention to calories and sodium. I'll be using myfitnesspal for a l-o-n-g time.

Replies

• acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Carolyn,

You are a true inspiration!

Anders
  • carolynperson
    Options
    Anders,
    Thanks much! The only problem I'm having is adjusting my body perception. I still see me as the old me and have a hard time believing I can wear much smaller sizes. My interventionist told me that will change - hopefully soon!

Carolyn
  • alison2earth
    Options
    Hello Carolyn!

Congrats on all that success! It is amazing and yes, very inspirational. It's great to know that MFP has worked so well for you. So well that you will continue to use it after already being so successful! Thanks for sharing how you have used MFP to your benefit. I'm definitely going to start using it in my meal planning and shopping lists too!

Cheers,
    Alison
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Carolyn,

We are living the same life in separate bodies! Self image is a challenge for me as well, and I seem to "fear" losing weight. With every new low weight on the scale, I find that I fight stronger and stronger urges to sabotage.

Awareness is part of the battle, but it is still hard to resist and not just go for that piece of chocolate cake, or pint of ice cream!

Keep up the great work and know that there is someone out here that is getting incredible motivation from your efforts!

Anders
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I could use a winner like you in my f.l. Hope you will add me.