Help me get rid of my gut!

Options
I workout about 5 days a week....but I don't see much change in the size of my gut....

What are some exercises do you folks suggest I do on a regular basis to start slimming this thing down?

FYI: I know about the nutrition portion is very important...but I'm concentrating on the exercise portion right now.

Thanks!

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You either have to starve it off or run it off.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, you can't just reduce your gut with specific exercises.... You can just exercise overall and you will lose all over.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options

What are some exercises do you folks suggest I do on a regular basis to start slimming this thing down?

FYI: I know about the nutrition portion is very important...but I'm concentrating on the exercise portion right now.

Nutrition is 80% of your results. But, anyhow, it's pretty simple. Calories in, calories out. Burn more than you eat, and you will lose body fat. It comes off in layers, and it'll be slow going, but you'll slim down.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    compound heavy lifts
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree that burning more calories than you take in losses overall weight. But it doesn't make you stronger. I do pushups and am starting planks and crunches and I'm trying to get back to climbing a rope. That and biking for my legs is about it for me.
    I'm losing weight overall and the waist/gut is going down. ( no sign of six pack abs yet though LOL)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options

"That thing" can't be targeted, as you've heard. So i'd follow the standard fat-loss advice of doing vigorous cardio often, and full-body strength training (NROL, Stronglifts, etc). That plus a calorie deficit will knock it back. Keep in mind you might have some loose skin, and that could take a year or 2 to snap back.
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • chickeyumass
    chickeyumass Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Working your core can help you suck it in and improve posture though. I do hanging leg extensions, crunches on the incline bench and use the crunch machine on a regular basis and although not a six pack, abs are defined.