Just getting started...

Options
What's up everyone! I started my own diet December 1st...didn't wanna wait till New Years and I figured if I could get through the holidays without gorging myself, I'd be well on my way...

So that worked! I breezed through Christmas and new years and already felt like I'd cleared a MAJOR hurdle. I recently just found this app and its been a tremendous help! Its such a huge difference seeing what you eat and drink and the work you put into the gym in front of you. This is been such a great piece of this puzzle I showed a couple other friends who were wanting to drop a couple pounds and now they're into it as well.

Myself, I've got a long road ahead of me but it doesn't scare me. I'm trying to drop 115 lbs! No easy task but IT CAN BE DONE! So to all of you who have traveled down this road, you know the blockades and frustrations ahead. I'll be doing 99.99% of the work, but sometimes I'll need that kick in the *kitten* to get back completely across. But for now, I'm marching on and at a steady pace.

Kudos to all of you who have conquered your goals and to those of you who are conquering your goals. May we all celebrate minor victories and battles won in the major war we call health!

Cheers!

John

Replies

• barbarabelk
    Options
    Hi! And welcome! I'm relatively new as well. I've had the app on my phone for quite a while, which itself is invaluable, but with these message boards I feel like I've found a long lost treasure. I have a 120 lb weight loss goal, so I'm right there with you! I'm happy with my results in the short term of the last couple weeks, and I'm very optimistic for my future in this!

I hope all goes will with this adventure for you!
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I stumbled across this app on my Droid, too, and am so happy that I did.

I also see you're a DMB fan - as am I - a huge one, in fact.

Good luck on your journey!
  • johnsanderswalls
    Options
    If DMB was a religion, I'd have to be a cardinal at the Warehouse (Vatican)!! LOL Oh yeah, big time DMB fan! How many for you? I just hit 19 this last summer...my first 3 concert summer...pretty stoked about that! I'm bummed they aren't touring this year, but I'm trying everything I can within reason to get a Gorge trip planned. Rumored for the beginning of septemper...

Aside...good luck with your goal too! An early and optimistic Happy 2 year anniversary!

John
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You know, I used to be a Warehouse member and kick myself for stopping because I'd probably have amazing seats by now (I did get a picture I drew in chalk of the firedancer with my name years ago and that was super exciting)! Closest ever was 11th row that my friend got back in I want to say '99 or '00, but I could be wrong. My first show was in 1998 (should have been earlier, but I was in 10th grade at the time and my parents didn't want me "wasting my money" - $25 - on the Dave and Tim show at an intimate theater in my hometown (PISSED to this day!!)

Gosh, I think I'm probably right around 19 or 20 - I've lost count and would have to revisit all of my tickets! So fun to see them multiple times in a year, but just saw them once this year back in June at Darien Center, NY before we moved from Erie, PA to Roanoke, VA. I wanted to go to Charlottesville (THE MECCA!) but it was super expensive and we just couldn't swing it at the time. Coincidentally enough, right after I moved back to Erie from Ft. Collins, CO, they played RED ROCKS (my dream concert!) and I was super bummed.

Someday I'll get to a huge show - The Gorge or Red Rocks would be so awesome. THIS September? I didn't think they were touring...

Thanks! Hoping I can get to that goal by then - hell, if DMB is playing in September, that may be the perfect Anniversary present!!!

Cheers,
    Kate