january will be the end of me :/

Options
so im 4 days short of being on this site 100 days (96 days) and during this whole thing ive gained and lost and gained and lost and am now sitting comfortably at 27 pounds lost i know this is a big accomplishment ive finished half of insanity during that time and still managed to lose weigh when i got a lung infection that keeps coming back ive managed to quit smoking for about a month and a half and then started again but i mean the first month i lost 15 pounds and the second month im pretty sure i lost 10 and now january and the cold came and i think my motivation just left with it ive only lost 2-4 pounds all of january i just dont know whats wrong with me i havent cooked dinner once this week fast food all day every day i ate a whole pizza for dinner regardless that it was thin crust but idk january ive just put mfp on the back burner idk whats wrong with me just a little rant thanks for listening and maybe a little help? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• debkin
    debkin Posts: 14
    Options
    You can do this!! Everybody has setbacks, but you will find your way back. You have worked so hard to get where you are right now... don't beat yourself up for falling off the wagon "temporarily". Mind over matter... you will get it back! Think positive :wink:
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I totally hear ya - I'm in bed with bronchitis as I write this, major setback and complete demotivator!

I lost 30lbs between Oct and Christmas... then Jan rolled round... and I've only lost another 2lbs to date. My motivation is slip-sliding BIG time and I'm finding it a struggle to even log in here! I'm also trying to quit smoking (figure now's as good a time as any since I can hardly breathe due to the bronchitis...cigarettes are pretty much the last thing I want right now, so trying to turn that to my advantage). I'm really frustrated with not being able to get into the gym and have no desire to cook, whatsoever!! In my case I think it's a culmination of things that have now led to a touch of burnout. Work has been INSANE since 2 Jan and more often than not I've still been at it at 3/4/5am during the past 3 weeks- between all that I've still been trying to keep my eating straight and get to the gym for super strenuous workouts at least 3 times a week too, and now my body has just said: "WTF!? I'm done!"

Good luck to you - I reckon now's the time the support from fellow MFpals really comes in handy :) Keep at it - it will get better somehow, the battle is worth it!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    The month of December was like that for me with the exception that I wasn't sick and I don't smoke.

You've had your fun, hopefully you are on the mend so dust yourself off and look forward.

You know what to do so it's time to start doing it.

Isn't Spring Break coming up soon! Use that as your motivator.

You can do this. We've got your back!

Karen
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at the same weight for about 3 weeks... talk about de-MOTIVATOR.

Think of where you want to be... think of how far you've already come.

Go pick up 27lbs worth of weights... and feel what that feels like. (seems to help me)

You're doing great. Don't quit. You can do this... and you know that :)