A little bit geeky, looking for some friends! (20s/30s)

Options
Oh hai!

Thought I'd post here and introduce myself, and maybe shout out for a couple of active online friends to make this adventure a little more fun.

I'm the girl over there < I'm 29 from Brisbane, Australia, and new to MFP. I'm an undergrad psychology student, and a total geek for gaming (RPG's), books (the ones made of paper), and music (making it, and listening to it). I think maybe I can also add exercise to that list (gasp! never thought that would happen), mostly strength training, and I've just recently started running, which doesn't suck as much as I thought it would.

I started my weight loss adventure at 129.9kgs (286lbs), and have lost just over 21kgs (46lbs) to date, bringing the current grand total to 108.3kgs (238lbs) and dropping - which I totally attribute to healthy, balanced eating and exercise (loving my dietician, and trainer!).

I've totally been that sad, quiet, fat girl over in the corner waiting for someone to notice that I may have something to offer... And I've tried on that happy (but still sad), fat girl, trying to overcompensate by pretending that everything's awesome, and nothing hurts. Now, I'm in a great place of just being me. I'm still 90% geek (too many years of playing computer games will do that too you), and sometimes I feel like an alien just landed (again, isolation, not a great social lubricant >.<), but here I am and I'm genuinely happy, and working hard to life ding!

Anywho, as I said, just wanted to introduce myself, and maybe find a few people who are online regularly and happy to fist-bump (I'll accept high fivers, or quiet wavers also) for not only the awesomely huge successes, but those little ones too.

Thanks for taking the time to click and read.

Peace, S.

Replies

• Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome from down under. Your resolve will take you home. You are at the right place. All the very best.
  • jennibean81
    Options
    Hiya from the UK, reading your intro was like reading about myself lol. More than happy to frind you and hopefully we can urge each other on :happy:
    I'm Jen a 33 geeky girl with 130lbs still to lose and 28lbs already lost through strength training too.
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    hi :) i'm cece. we have similar starting weights! (mine was 282.) i added you :)
  • Skinny_Carly
    Options
    Hiya :)

25 yr old QLD girl who started at over100kg too!

Feel free to add Xx
  • gem_192
    gem_192 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A geeky girl from Melbourne here, looking to lose 65lbs (59 to go...) I'm sending a friend request! :D
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Bit geeky here too, similar starting weight. Feel free to add me :)
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    *cough* I'm... well, I'm really, really geeky. Might kinda scare you off with how geeky I can be. But... if you're looking for a friend, feel free to FR me!

I'm a Who fan, and a gamer geek, and a sci-fi/fantasy reader, and I do RenFaires. :)
  • jnthwaite
    Options
    Whovian spotted! Lol. :) Feel free to add me too!! From Brisbane, now in Proserpine. Dropping down to Brissy for my beautiful sister's wedding for 8 days, then back to Prossie. My name's Jackie.
  • beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also from Australia! I'm 32 and have about 45kgs to lose. I've added you :)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from England!
    I'm 27 and have a way to go its great to meet you!
    Feel free to add me
    xx
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can relate to so much of what you wrote. Welcome :)

I am 29, from New Hampshire (US) . 40 lbs lost, about 110 left to go. I tend to work out mostly with DVDs, these days mostly Jillian Michaels. I do also enjoy outdoor walks, especially now that fall is here. As soon as the weather starts to get cool, I can't wait to go apple picking :)
  • UncertainAngel12
    UncertainAngel12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am also lost in RPG land and feel often like a draenia priest dropped into the middle of a new planet >.> Haha

I have lost my weight but am a binge eater and just started strength training so would be great to have some more gals to share our success stories and food diaries with :-)

Hope you accept my friend request :-)
  • kihle2011
    kihle2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kayla, 25 from Ohio. Definitely a geek here, I've already put like 35 hours into Destiny lol and am heading to New York for Comic Con next month. I started a few months ago at 255 and just hit 236 so we're almost at the same place! I'm pretty quiet myself but I definitely think any progress is worth celebrating.

Feel free to add ;)
  • tinyfi14
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 25, female, from the UK :) Using MFP with Fitbit Flex! I'm a bit geeky too and love RPGs :) Hellooo!
  • tcThePT
    Options
    Hi all, looking to grow my contact list as well. feel free to add
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lauren, 32, live in Wyoming. I'm not geeky per se (I hate video games) but I am a scientist so I'm inherently a bit dorky. I'm on here every day, I'll add you!
  • k8161819
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kate, 25, from Canada (but live in the Caribbean for 16 months) and a bit geeky as well! I have had the same struggles as you, being the bigger girl in a crowd and others not really understanding that some of the things they say can hurt. It made me that sad girl on the inside, who over compensates on the outside. I started at 222 lbs and made it down to 189 lbs before I injured my leg and gained again. Now that I am all healed, I'm ready to get back on the wagon. at 210 lbs now, I'm hoping to get it off and keep it off. For me and no one else. Being healthy and happy is one of the best feelings!

Just wanted to say Hi, Welcome and You Go Girl!

It is awesome to find other people to share in our journeys with.
  • Lupuschamp
    Lupuschamp Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Aminah, 25 and from the UK. Love my books and gaming (much more of a 'casual' gamer now though). The geek in me loves researching fitness as well! Feel free to add :)
  • Squiix
    Options
    First of all, let me just say, I just may love this community. You guys are so welcoming, and awesome! I totally should have joined earlier!

Logged in this morning to a large pile of friend requests, and am going through the add-me's now :) Many awesome people who I'm sure will share an interest or two... or nine.

I'm going to aim to not miss anyone >.< but if i do, ermagherd, it's just cause I'm a dork. Just hit me up with a friend request :)

Here's to fun and winning!
    S.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Lol "books (the ones made of paper)" :P
    Hey there, and welcome :) what type of RPG's do you like?
    Feel free to add me if you wish, we can never have too many friends! I'm across the world from you in England though