30 Day Shred fitness 'tools'

Options
I just ordered a "30 Day Shred" DVD and I should have it tomorrow. I was just wondering ahead of time what 'tools' ... (weights, resistance bands, stability ball, etc.) I might be needing. I want to be prepared and just be able to jump in without the surprise of... "Oh, I need to go out and buy one of those first."

any input would be appreciated :)

thanks so much!

~ Lisa

Replies

• kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    All you need is a mat and 3 pounds weights. Good luck!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Just light hand weights and a mat if you're not doing it on carpet. I finished level 1 day 8 today! Yea!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I don't use the mat because I do it on carpet. So just weights for me, and water because I tend to want to drink a lot when working out.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Earplugs so you don't have to listen to Jillian. Just kidding. You can turn off her voice on the dvd. :wink:
  • for_a_mittengrl
    for_a_mittengrl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Seems like I am ready to go then!! :)
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you can I would get some 5 pound hand weights as well. I use 3 lbs for some of the exercises (shoulder work is torture for me!!) but once you get going you'll probably want to move up on at least a few of the exercises (the chest flys come to mind).

I love love love this DVD - good luck!!
    Jennifer
  • sallenspach
    sallenspach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the videos too, and I was wondering if anyone was able to find them in the exercise database. I can't seem to? Does anyone know the calorie burn or how do you add it to your tracker?
  • shr3k1989
    Options
    I just ordered the videos too, and I was wondering if anyone was able to find them in the exercise database. I can't seem to? Does anyone know the calorie burn or how do you add it to your tracker?

I started today and got told to log it as "Circuit Training - General"

Hope that helps
  • Beautifylgirl
    Beautifylgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI I just picket up the 30 day shred for $9 :) at Target. Check it out, it may be cheaper than online.

I start the 30 day shred tomorrow and I also have a Zumba fitness class starting this week.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    BJ's has the videos for $7. I picked up 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. So far on week 2 I'm alternating doing one one day and the other the next. It's a good way to not get bored.