Healthy and Portable breakfast foods

Options
Can anyone recommend some healthy breakfast foods that are also good for someone who is a often on the road (like me)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

• EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like to pack overnight oats for the road. They travel very well.

http://food52.com/blog/9844-how-to-make-overnight-oats-without-a-recipe

Are you starting out from your home or traveling away for days at a time? I usually eat breakfast on my way to work. Some easy on the go meals:

2 waffles with peanut butter
    Protein powder/almond milk/banana/PB2 shake
    Homemade frozen breakfast burrito
    Aldi has a tasty frozen breakfast sandwich with ham and egg whites for 210 calories
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave where you stay? When I travel I have made scrambled eggs in a microwave and also oatmeal. Load up on fruit. Home made granola bars....
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm on the road 6 months a year for my job as a biologist. For breakfast, I usually eat some combo of apples, bananas, raw almonds, low-fat string cheese, hard-boiled eggs, jerky... Stay away from "breakfast bars" - those things are just full of sugar. You want protein and a bit of natural sugar (eg fruit) to start off the day.
  • hrh2009
    Options
    Fave1) Healthy no-bake, low-cal flapjacks.

Fave2) A roughie smoothie/Slices of apple with a small tub of nut butter (cashew, almond, peanut... your shout).

Feel free to PM me if you want either recipe.... they are my favourites but you could alter my recipes to suit your tastes and I take these anywhere in tuppaware/flask easily. :)