I'm going to take this as a compliment...

Options
I just had a coworker (someone I don't know, I work in a hospital) approach me and ask if I had a baby. I said very nicely said "No" and she got embarrassed and said "Oh, I must be thinking of someone else".

It's certainly an improvement on people asking me (all the time!) if I'm pregnant. I carry my weight in my belly and apparently its gone down enough for people to stop thinking that I'm currently pregnant. I'm going to take that as a compliment and run with it.

Replies

• bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What a positive outlook! Good job! :)
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude. Keep up the good work!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Before its too late and you lose what's left of your belly, you should register somewhere even if they are not baby items.

Congrats on your progress and continued success.
  • eliska26
    Options
    that is exactly the reason why I never ask people, if they are pregnant, even if they are in the last semester and obviously are! I would be embarrassed if they would say no. It is rude. And some women look pregnant after giving birth- it is very common. this is my rule number one.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    It's all about perspective. You've got the right one.
  • rlxsn
    rlxsn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love your outlook! Keep up the great work!
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Good job not punching her in the face!

What is with people? Why do they feel entitled to know who is pregnant and who just had a baby? If someone felt its their business, they would be told!
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good job being calm about it. Now just take it and use it as motivation to continue your weight loss journey ^_^
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    that is exactly the reason why I never ask people, if they are pregnant, even if they are in the last semester and obviously are! I would be embarrassed if they would say no. It is rude. And some women look pregnant after giving birth- it is very common. this is my rule number one.

I agree.. I asked my cousin if her sister was pregnant and they were 100% sure she was not, that she had just gained weight around her stomach area.. I said she really looks like shes preg not fat.. But they swore she was not..

A few months later I got a text that said "You were right, Kelli is in labor having a baby right now!!"... crazy, she was convinced she was not preg..

Anyway.. got off subject there for a minute.. you have a great outlook. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options

I agree.. I asked my cousin if her sister was pregnant and they were 100% sure she was not, that she had just gained weight around her stomach area.. I said she really looks like shes preg not fat.. But they swore she was not..

A few months later I got a text that said "You were right, Kelli is in labor having a baby right now!!"... crazy, she was convinced she was not preg..

Anyway.. got off subject there for a minute.. you have a great outlook. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Wow... that actually happens in real life? Fun stuff! But no prep time, goodness gracious... imagine just walking around one day and all of a sudden you're like "Golly gee, my abdomen sure does hurt. More than normal. Maybe I'll swing by the hospital to see what on Earth is up!" and then getting rolled into the ER and *POP* baby (or worse yet, babies!?) arrive! Then you be all like "Uhhh... what am I supposed to do with these things now? Holy cow I haven't told work or my family, I don't have clothes to put them in... my hubby isn't even here... mmaaaannnn tomorrow's going to be the king of awkward days..."