Which exercises with barbell and dumbbells at home.

Options
2»

Replies

• da_bears1008
    Options
    For a home workout, I'd get a video like Jillian Michael's 30 day shred or Insanity.

Also- Kayla Itness Bikini Body Guide is great! All you need are some weights, a mat, and a chair! You can download it from her website- I think it's about $60.

Barbell/dumbbells > 30 DS

tumblr_mirhsah89d1r0hvv2o1_500.gif
  • jfeakins
    jfeakins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For a home workout, I'd get a video like Jillian Michael's 30 day shred or Insanity.

Also- Kayla Itness Bikini Body Guide is great! All you need are some weights, a mat, and a chair! You can download it from her website- I think it's about $60.

Barbells/Dumbbells are greater than the 30 Day Shred? I don't get it...
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump for reference :smile:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

She specifically asked what she can do at home with a barbell and dumbbells. 30 DS is fine, but she's looking to start lifting. 30 DS is not lifting.
  • jfeakins
    jfeakins Posts: 30 Member
    Options

She specifically asked what she can do at home with a barbell and dumbbells. 30 DS is fine, but she's looking to start lifting. 30 DS is not lifting.

Doesn't that depend on the amount of weight though? Maybe I should have been more specific, but if you're a beginner and have jut bought dumbbells/barbells you want to go through the motions with a light weight first, get your form, and then move onto heavy weights, no?

There are some good exercises in there! I think it's recommended in the video to use light weights, and I don't personally think that does anything... but 30 Day Shred incorporates rows, chest flies, shoulder press etc.

I did a circuit last night with my personal trainer using a 40lb barbell: front squats, shoulder press, rows, deadlifts (10 reps, 4 sets) and my arms are pret-ty sore this morning! Legs could have used more weigh though...

Just my humble opinion, of course. :)