NSV and an unexpected 100 dollars. happy day!

Options
So, I've lost 25 lbs so far. Still a ways to go, but I'm proud of my progress so far! 25 lbs ago, I was wearing a size 18-20ish, and a 1X or 2X in shirts. I didn't ever really bother browsing the misses department, cause i could only occasionally fit into XL tops. I've definitely noticed that my clothes are getting baggier, and finally went to the store to get some new work pants, and I'm fitting into 16s and XL tops! Some are a little snug, but most of them fit perfectly! A happy dance in the fitting room definitely ensued.

I did pick up an outfit for work cause I want to be presentable and not have my pants falling off... lol. but i resisted the urge to buy street clothes, cause I can use a belt with jeans and still have tops to wear that are fine, albeit looser... I figure when I lose a bit more I'll do like a lot of people do and hit up thrift stores so I don't have to spend much on clothes that hopefully won't fit much longer.

Well, I wake up this morning and check my bank account. I see that 100 dollars has been direct deposited into my account from 'Verizon', which is my internet provider. I got worried, cause I couldn't think of a reason why that would be happening, and started thinking... what if its some kind of scam... Decided to call verizon and turns out they're returning my security deposit!!!! Now, I'm a broke college student, so 100 dollars is big money - AND my birthday is this weekend. Happy birthday to me.

I am totally going out today and buying myself a new outfit for upcoming birthday festivities and to 'reward' my weight loss progress so far.

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Good for you! Nice to have some money back, but even nicer to keep accomplishing those goals!
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good work! And enjoy those new clothes while they fit. Soon enough you'll need smaller ones.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Nice surprise - happy shopping! :drinker:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    thats always a nice surprise, enjoy your birthday this weekend and congrats on your weight loss so far!:drinker:
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is all awesome! I hope you enjoy your birthday!
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Karma at it's best!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!