Hypothyroidism

Options
Aloha all. I was on my way to feeling better and losing weight, when I found out that my sudden weight gain had to do with my hypothyroid condition. I could use help if anyone knows about foods I should be avoiding and foods that may help. I am taking thryroid supplements, but I know my diet effects the condition also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• elementzdesigns
    Options
    Aloha all. I was on my way to feeling better and losing weight, when I found out that my sudden weight gain had to do with my hypothyroid condition. I could use help if anyone knows about foods I should be avoiding and foods that may help. I am taking thryroid supplements, but I know my diet effects the condition also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    that is not a fun this to have--it affects everything. I went undiagnosed for what I feel was 5 years.

I've read that you should avoid soy products.
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've had Hashimoto's (hypo) for more than 10 years. I've always felt it was convenient to blame any weight gain on it but it was more likely my slowing metabolism and lack of excercise. I think I once found info about what foods are good but I don't think you'll ever know what works or what doesn't. Just eat healthy, lots of grains, vegetables, low fat proteins, lots of water and make sure to get regular excercise.