happy yet surprised

Options
First day back home after a whole week out (family trip, with not much exercising and much more eating than usual!!). I was expecting to gain 2-3 pounds since I ate so bad (fast-food, chocolate cake, etc.).

What a surprise this morning! O.O The scale told me I have LOST 2 pounds! O.O

Cool! :D But I dont understand! lol ;P Do you think I lost fat or muscle (or even maybe water) ?? :S I am 5'8 and 155 lbs. I have lost 25 lbs during the last 5 months counting my calories and exercising almost everyday (strength training + cardio).

Have this kind of "surprising weight loss" happened to you too ???

Replies

• traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    I think that whilst you've been good for so long, your body gets used to being very efficient and can go on being efficient for a few weeks after you start eating unhealthily ... but it will catch up with you eventually !!
  • jconner491
    Options
    Yeah, that's happened to me before. I had a week where my eating was elevated and my exercise decreased due to some special events and stuff that I had to go to, and I still lost two pounds at my weigh in. BUT the next week, I did everything right and at my next weigh in I'd gained 1.5 pounds. So I'm kinda thinking that maybe your body is a few days late when it comes to weight gain or loss due to increased calories.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Sometimes the total shock of changing your routine can help you lose weight. I've had this before and been soooo happy and surprised. I hope it's not muscle that's all I can say because it's happened to me! Either way, you've lost 2lbs and if you get back to exercising and eating right and you gain it back you know it's muscle as you haven't eaten anything bad to make it fat! Woop good job! xxx
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    Great! :D Thank you all! ;)