Vicious cycle or not!?

Options
I have fallen into a cycle lately and im not too sure if its a good cycle or a bad. So here I am asking my wonderful people of the MFP what their toughts are on this. Let me shine some light into this here cycle...........

I have gotten into the habit of drinking 3-4 cups of coffee to start the day. I drink it Black!!!.......so it's all good low calories and they say Coffee is good for the liver. At least I have read some articles on this.

After work and before dinner I have also gotten into the habit of drinking a whole bottle of Merlot! They say red wine is good for you but do you think I might be overdoing it!?!?!?!

So as they say"start the day with coffee and end it with wine:bigsmile: "

What do you think!?!?!

Replies

• chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    creo que seas LOCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    I think you know the answer to this....

Haha I would say, cut down the wine to a glass or two a day

And cut down the coffee to 1 or 2 a day

Drink more water too...

Chances are you won't need as much coffee if you're not drinking as much wine the night before
  • jessileak
    jessileak Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    From one parent to another.... you're going to need to start drinking more wine. :drinker:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Pero loco por ti guerita :devil:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have addictive tendencies and are on your way to being an alcoholic.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you are overdoing? Do you feel like you need to drink that much every day? Do you get regular vigorous exercise? Do you get regular physcial check-ups?

You are drinking over the medical recommendations, so the risk is there. But, risk isn't the whole story. A friend of mine used to drink 1-2 bottles of red wine every evening. I'm not sure when he started, but he did it the entire 20+ years that I knew him and nver had any liver problems. He died last year at 88. He was a fun old dude.
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Pero loco por ti guerita :devil:

:flowerforyou:

jajajajaja
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Do you feel like you are overdoing? Do you feel like you need to drink that much every day? Do you get regular vigorous exercise? Do you get regular physcial check-ups?

You are drinking over the medical recommendations, so the risk is there. But, risk isn't the whole story. A friend of mine used to drink 1-2 bottles of red wine every evening. I'm not sure when he started, but he did it the entire 20+ years that I knew him and nver had any liver problems. He died last year at 88. He was a fun old dude.

Oh I exercise regularly and try to eat healthy as often as I can. I also take a daily vitamin.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have addictive tendencies and are on your way to being an alcoholic.
    Gotta love the arm chair psychologists here.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Pretty much this. You're over the medical recommendations for both... so I suppose there's a potential downside. It's not a "good" cycle. no.
    Only YOU know if it's a problem, or just something to be concerned about...or...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Do you log the bottle of wine in your food diary! It's not my place to say whether this is okay for you or not, but personally, seeing all those empty calories on my log would help me cut down, if I was in this same situation. Maybe try 1/2 a bottle for a while and see how it goes?
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Do you log the bottle of wine in your food diary! It's not my place to say whether this is okay for you or not, but personally, seeing all those empty calories on my log would help me cut down, if I was in this same situation. Maybe try 1/2 a bottle for a while and see how it goes?

What if I switch to White wine?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

What if I switch to White wine?
    eh?
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Drink on!!!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Switch to vodka
    More bang for your buck...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: