Strength info The Upper Body

Options
*Strengthening. I'm really good about cardio but I lack in weight training. I'm not a member of a gym bc I'm a single mom and football is sucking up every minute of free time! :) what are some good exercises I can do at home to increase strength and definition in my arms, back and shoulders? Thanks!

Replies

• AydensMom37
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! Not sure why my title says Strength Info lol it was suppose to say Strengthening :blushing:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Push ups.
    Pull ups.
    Dips.

I have a theory, that if you focus the push ups to hit the chest, it will lift the girls a bit as the pec grows.
  • jenpen1819
    Options
    I have 8lb and 5lb dumbbells and do exercises with them at home. Just like simple bicep curls, overhead presses, tricep kickbacks, what I call a "reverse butterfly" (bend at the waist with one weight in each hand in front of you, bring arms outwards, using your back, you should feel it in the shoulder blades), etc.... Also, YouTube Tracy Anderson arm workouts, she has some really good ones, and you will feel them! But those are more for toning... Other than that, I rock old school push-ups, tricep dips (using the couch, stairs, coffee table, etc.) are always classics to build some strength and tone! Hope this helps! :)
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    Very much so! Thanks!! I don't feel like I'm getting stronger! Maybe I need to increase the number of days I do arms and back
  • dbmata
    Options
    Very much so! Thanks!! I don't feel like I'm getting stronger! Maybe I need to increase the number of days I do arms and back

You can always increase intensity and load.

For example, when I feel particularly self destructive... I take my hiking backpack, fill it with about 40 pounds of load, put it on and do as many pushups as I can for as long as I can. Even if that means I'm hitting my nose on the ground a couple ties because my arms collapse.
  • AydensMom37
    Options

You can always increase intensity and load.

For example, when I feel particularly self destructive... I take my hiking backpack, fill it with about 40 pounds of load, put it on and do as many pushups as I can for as long as I can. Even if that means I'm hitting my nose on the ground a couple ties because my arms collapse.

That's extremely gangsta! Lol
    I obviously need to go harder until my muscles are fatigued!
  • dbmata
    Options
    You're strangely accurate. There is a lot of 9mm ammo in that bag when I'm really pushing. lol.
  • AydensMom37
    Options
    You're strangely accurate. There is a lot of 9mm ammo in that bag when I'm really pushing. lol.
    [/quote

Gangsta gangsta!