Will body weight exercise and running make my butt bigger?

Options
Hi,

I'm about to go travelling and I will not be taking any equipment with me except resistance bands. This will be for about a year, so don't tell me to wait 'til I get back!

I will be jogging, maybe a bit of cycling, and doing body weight exercises. I've been unhappy with my bum lately and I want it to be bigger and rounder (don't we all) 'cos it's quite flat, but all the butts I admire seem to be attached to girls who lift in a gym, something I don't have access to?

PS - any exercises except for fire hydrants, pelvic thrusts and various squats would be most welcome - tell me all!

Replies

• monicastricker9
    Options
    It will with consistancy change the shape and tone of your butt. However, unless you are lifting big and eating big its unlikely to make your butt huge.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Yeppers. Do lots of squats and try running up/down hills. Hills are what shape your booty (when running).
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeppers. Do lots of squats and try running up/down hills. Hills are what shape your booty (when running).

YES! I forgot about hills. I also assume I'll be walking around 6-8 miles a day anyway, so that will ALL help
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

YES! I forgot about hills. I also assume I'll be walking around 6-8 miles a day anyway, so that will ALL help

:) Yes it will :)

Have fun on your travels!! That's awesome to be able to go for an entire year :)
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options

:) Yes it will :)

Have fun on your travels!! That's awesome to be able to go for an entire year :)

I know, it's been 2-3 jobs for 3 years and I still have to take one of them with me, but I'm lucky that I could get those jobs! WALK RUN WALK!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....

i agree with previous posters, body weight squats and lunges work pretty much anywhere. Also, you'll probably find a place with stairs. Power walking or running up on those will make your buns burn. Look into plyo exercises, such as box jumps (line jumps, depth jumps, dynamic stepups......) You can do those in any public park or play ground!

Have a safe trip!