New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am 51 and have struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life. It goes up and down. I have done pretty much every diet out there and this time I want to do it slowly and for the last time. I lose weight and then I gain it back and then some. I am married, with 4 grown children and have the empty nest thing going on, so I now have plenty of time to work on myself and I want to do it right. As I get older I see more all the time how important our health is and how much we need to take care of our bodies so that it doesn't fall apart. I would appreciate any friends that can help me along the way with motivation and tips. I will do my best to reciprocate. The exercise is something I have had the hardest time getting into but I know I need to. My health is not perfect at this time so trying to motivate myself to exercise is a huge problem but a problem I want to solve and move on from. I look forward to hearing from you all :)

Replies

• ccbulldog83
    ccbulldog83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined MFP 3 days ago, after gaining back the 40 lbs I swore I'd never gain again.:sad: Your story sounds just like mine...50-ish,Lose weight, gain weight, empty next etc. :smile: Good luck with your weight loss journey. I'll send a friend request and we'll motivate each other to a healthy us!
  • Cammyfaye
    Cammyfaye Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you very kindly bulldog :) and ty for the friends request. This is actually my third day doing the diary and already today I have eaten too much and only have 76 calories left..but I figured I would try some really low cal soup when I get hungry later. This age is for sure hard to keep the weight off and menopause does not help either..lol..but I am determined to let this be my last time. I will appreciate any motivation you can send my way and I will do my best to send it back..I have my diary open because I figure if I am asking others to help me I would like to at least do what I can as a newbie. Hope you are having a awesome day so far