Any good workout DVDs out there?

Options
I'm in my 10th week of my journey to a new me! I've lost 26 lbs. & 3 pants sizes so far! I've been watching what I eat, watching my calorie intake & walking daily... I am currently 252 lbs. I have a ways to go still! I'm looking to add a good & fun workout DVD to my day! Nothing too hard to start :) any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend anything from Jillian Michaels! 30 Day Shred is a popular program and it gives great results if you stick with it :)
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    just walk by leslie sansone! I love her dvds, they are very easy to follow and she shouts encouraging things at you which makes it all the better lol
  • MissKarlee89
    MissKarlee89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with nicci93! 30 day shred is really good.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith. Lots of great stuff and free on youtube :smile:
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend anything from Jillian Michaels! 30 Day Shred is a popular program and it gives great results if you stick with it :)

Great job on your weight loss so far!! I recommend the 30DS as well. It is a great way to get into a workout routine. After you finish the 30DS she has a lot of other great videos. A lot of them you can find for free on youtube or vimeo.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    double post
  • Tessiek613
    Tessiek613 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to check these out!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Also check out FitnessBlender.com - HUGE variety of workout vids and they are FREE! They have a handy search feature where you can plug in the intensity of the workout, time parameters, equipment used, etc, etc. Good stuff. They also have 8 week programs for a fee, but all their basic workouts (and I believe they have over 400) are free.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is an excellent video, and then you can graduate to Ripped in 30. She really does put together great workouts.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels Beginners workout. I love it! It is hard enough that it challenges me every time I do it, but not so difficult that I can't keep up. She is super nice and encouraging, and has former Biggest Loser contestants doing the exercises while she directs and talks about how she she structures her workouts and why she choses particular exercises. There are two workouts on the DVD, frontside and backside, and they are about 40-50 minutes long. Everyone burns differntly, but my HRM puts me at 475-530 calories burned. Soon I hope to move on to her 30 Day Shred program
  • tamarawisniewski
    tamarawisniewski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith is on you tube, all sort of great workouts! And they are free! I love Ellen Barrett's Barefoot Cardio,(her whole line of fusion dvd's are great...they are easy on the joints but you definitely get a workout!
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I second the 30 day shred suggestion. I love the 30 day shred dvd and when I did it last year I lost a bunch of inches. Make sure you measure before you start and after you're done. You may not notice a huge drop in the scale right off but you will definitely lose inches if you stick with it. I just started the 30 day shred again and just finished level 1 day 2 today.
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone videos. There are a few on you tube. But my favorite beginner dvd is walk away the pounds, it has a 1, 2, & 3 mile walk.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Another vote for 30 Day Shred.

After 30 days, jump onto one of the Inside Out Method videos by Bob Harper. The strength and cardio ones are EXCELLENT and make the 30 Day Shred look like a walk in the park! They are about an hour in length, but of course, you could always do just 30 minutes or so of one if you're short on time.

I also love looking for fitness videos on Amazon Prime (I'm a member). You can also look at Comcast, Hulu, Netflix if you're members of any of those too. A couple weeks ago, I found a dance bootcamp video which was totally fun (and I would've never ever purchased otherwise!)

I really, really recommend having a small "collection" of DVDs and not just using one exclusively to keep things lively. I have yoga, cardio, strength, Pilates DVDs of varying lengths/intensities to keep things lively. Good luck!
  • jablack1971
    Options
    I walk with Leslie Sansone dvds. You can also find her on you tube. Easy yet effective workout.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Another Jillian michaels fan here!