any blenders actually blend?

Options
Good morning MFPals,
I'm now on my third blender, and am ready to return it. I'm not trying to blend ipods or anything like that, just want a blender that can break up some frozen strawberries, and blend them together with a tbsp of peanut butter, milk, and protein powder. Is it unrealistic to think I shouldn't have to spend more than 70 bucks or so on something that can do that?
Please help! Which do you guys use?
Thanks!
Ryan

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Cant help because I dont know but I was wondering about the Nija new one out very pricie info commercial but the old ones in stores and round 50.00 Anyone know?
  • lookintolose
    lookintolose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the magic bullet for exactly that reason - frozen fruit, milk, powder... I've used it for salsa and cream cheese mixes too. get one and get blending!
  • mrandolph09
    mrandolph09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a cusinart smart power duet. I bought it at Sams Club for around 50 bucks. I had the same problem w/ my smoothies. This one is the "poo" no chunks left in it and it's great as it comes with the food processor too. I LOVE IT, use it every day.
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a cusinart smart power duet. I bought it at Sams Club for around 50 bucks. I had the same problem w/ my smoothies. This one is the "poo" no chunks left in it and it's great as it comes with the food processor too. I LOVE IT, use it every day.
    That sounds interesting - might have to check that out..... "This one is the "poo"" Love it!

I also have the magic bullet, but the containers are too small. I'm looking for about 24 oz. total shake volume.
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use my magic bullet, it works great!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i just have a cheap little hand blender since we mostly use it for soups and smoothies...works great and you can use it right in your cup!
  • bryansmama
    Options
    I got the Ninja for Christmas and it is awesome!!! It blends everything COMPLETELY smooth in about 2.5 seconds!! Get it!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about VitaMix blenders. They are commercial quality and have a HUGE motor that should rip through frozen fruit easily. Pretty expensive, though.
  • kumamushi
    kumamushi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
  • ralevin
    Options
    i just have a cheap little hand blender since we mostly use it for soups and smoothies...works great and you can use it right in your cup!
    What do you mean by "hand blender"? Like an immersion blender? Would it break up frozen strawberries?

Also going to check out this ninja thing.... interested to see what that is/how much it costs.
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the majic bullet blender attachment that would hold the amount that you are looking for. I blend ALL kinds of things with mine ( ice cubes, frozen fruit included) and I absolutely love it! It also came with a juicer attachment if that is something that you ar in to...
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I got the Ninja for Christmas and it is awesome!!! It blends everything COMPLETELY smooth in about 2.5 seconds!! Get it!
    do you know if its the new one or the older model?
  • ralevin
    Options
    I have the majic bullet blender attachment that would hold the amount that you are looking for. I blend ALL kinds of things with mine ( ice cubes, frozen fruit included) and I absolutely love it! It also came with a juicer attachment if that is something that you ar in to...
    This "blender attachment" that you're referring to - can that be found at bed bath and beyond (or somewhere like it). Is that what it's actually called? the blender attachment? I can look it up.

I looked at the blendtec and vitamix ones..... I can't spend 400 dollars on a blender. I don't care how many vuvuzelas it can blend... If I had $400 laying around, I could think of plenty of better things to spend it on. :smile:

Ninja seems a little more reasonable, might have to look a bit more into that.
  • Jeff6605
    Options
    I blend up my smoothies every morning in the VITA MIX blender. Amazing power. 5 years old and going strong. Crushes frozen fruit and ice with ease and I never have any lumps or chunks in the drink. Always smooth. Recommend even though it is an initial investment ($~350)
  • ralevin
    Options
    I blend up my smoothies every morning in the VITA MIX blender. Amazing power. 5 years old and going strong. Crushes frozen fruit and ice with ease and I never have any lumps or chunks in the drink. Always smooth. Recommend even though it is an initial investment ($~350)
    I hear what you're saying, and can appreciate that. I jsut don't know if I can justify (to the wife) spending that kind of money.
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Go to the vita-mix website and show your wife the benefits of the vitamix. Only blender you will ever buy. I think you could blend rocks if your really had to.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I use my magic bullet, it works great!

My dad gave me 2 of these (he ordered 1 and got 2 free or whatever) and they are horrible. They don't crush the ice up at all.
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    Someone gave us a "Magic Bullet" Blender for us to make smoothies during the time my husband was undergoing chemotherapy and it works really well. Will blend frozen fruit, ice and whatever else you want to blend. Also works as a good food chopper (it has two different blade attachments) if you want to make salsa or dips. I love my magic bullet!

http://www.buythebullet.com :love:

Edit: Just read that you already have one! :) Good luck finding what you're looking for!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I use a Cuisinart blender (it's a dual blender/food processor) and it works fabulously on everything I've tried in it, including some pretty "tough" mixes of stuff.
    http://www.cuisinart.com/products/blenders/bfp-603.html

Edited to add: This one is about $100. Cuisinart may have some models that are just the blender (without the food processor) that is cheaper.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options

I use one of these too, it is amazingly strong. I bought it for about $20, it was the highest rated by America's Test Kitchen. That might be a good resource for a blender that actually works also... if you're not a member, email me and I'll look it up for you.