Hello, everyone.

Options
My name is Sean, just turned 23, and currently weigh 343 lbs with a goal weight of 200 lbs. I started my weight loss journey in mid June, closing in on close to 400 lbs, I knew it was time for a change.

Having battled both agoraphobia and anxiety for the past 5 years (mostly being related to my weight), I set off on my weight loss journey so that I could eventually do the things that I've been too afraid to do in the past 5 years. Things such as going out to dinner with friends, traveling, going to college to get my degree in science, or simply just going to a store to buy something.

Though I've already lost 57 lbs, I still have a long journey ahead of me with 143 lbs to go.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Replies

• lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hi Sean!
    Sounds like you are making a step in the right direction! While I don't know what it's like to battle issues relating to weight, I have my own issues I deal with. You can do this :) 57lbs is a really awesome start!!
  • Normaduke1
    Normaduke1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sean ,keep up the good work !
  • YYC_Guy149
    Options
    You've got this man! Feel free to add me if you're looking for some inspiration
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I'm trying to lose my last 27 pounds.I'm on daily . You can do it !!!
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    You have taken the most difficult step. The first one and hooray to you for doing so. Stay determined and above all stay positive cause you CAN do this. Be patient and set reasonable goals, get a food scale, and if it touches your lips, log log log. :drinker:
  • tayleigh4
    tayleigh4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start, NEVER GIVE UP. No matter what happens, fight through the hard times. Don't get discouraged if you don't lose weight one week or if you gain, keep moving forward!! You can do it, believe in yourself :)