To use or not to use(Suna Suit that is...)

Options
I notice a significant increase in pounds lost when Im using my Suna Suit while working out compared to when I dont use it. I produce more sweat and can actually see a major reduction in inches and pounds during my weekly weigh in. These are some of the advantages, any reason not to continue using? Do you use this?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    These are designed to lose weight quick and usually for athletes that need to drop weight to make a weight class. Keep in mind 100% of the weight you will lose will be water weight and will come back once you rehydrate.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I've seen them but I have never used one. They don't seem very safe and sounds like it is just water weight that is lost.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to have some suna pants back when I was in a ballet company. I wore them ONLY for the first twenty minutes or so of class, to help my muscles get nice and loose and stretchy. Once in a while I'd wear them longer, only if I had an injury that needed to stay loose, but never for the whole class.

Personally, I would not suggest wearing them during a cardio workout. I don't know the exact science behind the sweat/burn ration, but it does seem like the pounds and inches lost would be primarily water weight.

Just out of curiosity, when do you weigh yourself in relation to your workout?
  • stephscott
    Options
    Thats why Im so drained afterwards because its alot of water coming off when using the suit. I weigh weekly before my workouts,early morning. Thanks for your post, your info is helpful.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You're losing water weight, not fat, and dehydrating yourself is really very dangerous. If the number on the scale is the only thing that matters, then knock yourself out. When you pass out and die of heat stroke brought on by dehydration, don't say we didn't warn you.

Not that you could say anything, being dead and all.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I used to have some suna pants back when I was in a ballet company. I wore them ONLY for the first twenty minutes or so of class, to help my muscles get nice and loose and stretchy. Once in a while I'd wear them longer, only if I had an injury that needed to stay loose, but never for the whole class.

Personally, I would not suggest wearing them during a cardio workout. I don't know the exact science behind the sweat/burn ration, but it does seem like the pounds and inches lost would be primarily water weight.

Just out of curiosity, when do you weigh yourself in relation to your workout?

This is why I wear a hoodie on the way to the gym and while I warm up, just to get loose. I always take it off once the workout starts.