Hello, my name is Cyndi and I'm a fatty!

Options
Ok...so I have been overweight for most of my adult life...that is the simple truth...I use to be in decent shape, somewhat normal weight range but I have just put on the pounds since my twenties and it has never really stopped. I use to be a somewhat attractive person but now I am a "fatty". Instead of turning heads I am turning channels. I guess what hit me the most is once I had my second baby (the worlds most cutest girl...ever!!!) I realized that I would do anything for my amazing children...so the question hit me...if you would do anything for your children...why not lose weight and get in better shape/health for them...so here I am at step one looking at a long and intimidating road ahead of me. I know it will be hard as hell to lose the amount I want to lose, to be at the healthy point I want to be at but I know I will feel amazingly better about myself and also one step closer to being the worlds best mom to both my sweet daughters!

Replies

• abigailmagoo23
    Options
    Good luck keep those kids in the back of your mind when you are making tough choices! Welcome!
  • MrsKelly73
    Options
    Hi Cyndi, my name is Kelly and I TOO am a fatty!! But we are stronger than or fat and we can do this!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the start of a journey that will take some time, frustrate you at times, but will be so worth it when you look at what you've done for YOU and for your children. I have a lot of respect for what you are doing (I've walked that journey myself). Keep at it, and if you ever feel like I might be able to help you, please don't hesitate to let me know,
  • carolineamico
    Options
    You can DO it!!!
    And I am SO GLAD you have such a noble reason for losing weight, too.

I can relate, because I want to not pass on my eating disorder (which I have overcome, for the most part) to my baby daughter (or even my toddler son). I want to be in decent shape, but not skinny, for her sake. If I am fat, she might get scared of her genes, and become eating disordered to avoid my fate.

Or if I am skinny, she might try to emulate that. Or see the disordered way that I eat in order to attain that skinniness. It is a balancing act!

And I have to remind myself to NEVER NEVER EVER use the word "fat" except to say "cooking fat", or in a positive context. Like a cute fat little puppy. I pretty much never want to let it slip out referring to myself or any other human. Which is difficult to remember.

But for our kids, we can DO ANYTHING!!! Good luck, Dear!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Trust me you are in the right place! Best wishes to you!!!
  • donnaypb
    donnaypb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I have 2 beautiful girls also and realized that I need to be a better example for them with how I live my life. This is a great encouragement web site. Feel free to add me for support if you would like. Have a wonderful day!!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    dont call yourself a fatty : (
  • chunk3y_m0nk3y
    Options
    Hey girl..I know its going to be hard but if ur girls r ur motivation then stick to it..im a mother of 3 and let me tell u..when ur youngest pats ur belly and says u look pregnant but there is no baby in there it really gets to u..my 4 yr old said that to me and it blew me away..it was then i decided i need to get this weight off once and for all..i have tried b4 but now i really need to..i dont want to be the fat mom at the school functions..i want to feel beautiful and be sexy for my husband..i want my children to be proud of me and not hide when they see me cuz their freinds' moms r skinny and im the fat 1..stay focused girl and keep the faith..u will be able to get the weight off..u didnt put it on over night so it wont leave over night..this is a life style change and not a diet..continue to make good food choices not just for u but for u family..get them eating healthier and u will too..keep at it..dont get discouraged and feel the need to give up..u got this..u CAN do this!!
  • ayshearobbie
    Options
    Hi My name is Ayshea and i am also a fatty lol.. I joined this group after my brother in law and sister in law told me how good it is. I have been doing it for a week and a half and have lost 7 lbs.

About me, i am married with 3 kids and have the same feelings about losing weight as yourself.I was fairly sized in my teens but i worked in an ice cream shop and my weight ballooned a little more each summer. When i moved in with my boyfriend i was a student and still had a part time job so quick meals and takeaways were the perfect excuse for our busy life. Now though having kids has made me realise that i did this to myself (noone forced me to try all the ice cream before selling it) and there is always time to make a healthier option. Dont get me wrong i still love junk food but nothing beats the feeling when you stand on the scales and see iv lost more weight. I am also being realistic about my goal and would be more than happy to lose a little bit of weight so i can feel good about myself again. Ayshea xx
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Hi Cyndi:flowerforyou: I'm a fatty too. I'm not big-boned, I'm not pleasantly plump, I'm not a bit chubby, I'm FAT. And I don't want to be fat any longer. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll offer whatever support I can. We can do it!
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This place is pretty amazing with the support and motivation you get from everyone. If you need extra motivation don't hesitate to friend me :)
  • Weeb2k
    Weeb2k Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Cyndi
    We're all here for you if you need us!
    Feel free to add as friend

Paula x
  • rockey2
    rockey2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Cyndi Welcome! I prefer to think of myself as A Large and In Charge woman - I am now in charge of the weight gain - it is no longer in charge of me. This site is a great tool to help you achieve your goals and a great motivational and helpful community. Good luck to you and the future slimmer you that will have a more enjoyable time with that baby girl :)
  • susanaz
    susanaz Posts: 24
    Options
    I am so proud of you for taking this first step in getting healthy and I will always here to support you, Love you my beautiful sister :)