sugar sugar

Options
been going over my sugar allotment ... and feeling myself tip toeing around eating fruits now (which is a bummer because I love fruits).

feel free to peek at my diary and offer suggestions!

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    being going over my sugar allotment ... and feeling myself tip toeing around eating fruits now (which is a bummer because I love fruits).

Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to watch your sugar intake, I wouldn't worry about it. Just stay within your calorie goals.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The sugar recommendations are for added sugar, not naturally occurring sugar found in fruits. In my opinion they are far too conservative.

You're fine.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    being going over my sugar allotment ... and feeling myself tip toeing around eating fruits now (which is a bummer because I love fruits).

Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to watch your sugar intake, I wouldn't worry about it. Just stay within your calorie goals.

^this

I stopped tracking it, it's a carb so I already track it. I now put fiber in its place.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Honey honey
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Honey honey

Beat me to it :laugh:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

^this

I stopped tracking it, it's a carb so I already track it. I now put fiber in its place.

QFT!!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The sugar recommendations are for added sugar, not naturally occurring sugar found in fruits. In my opinion they are far too conservative.

You're fine.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Honey honey

You are my candy, girl. :blushing:
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Yep. I agree with many.

Sugar from fruits is WAY different than white sugar. Your body doesn't react to it like white sugar. I wouldn't worry about the sugar in fruits.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Yep. I agree with many.

Sugar from fruits is WAY different than white sugar. Your body doesn't react to it like white sugar. I wouldn't worry about the sugar in fruits.
    Please explain to me how white sugar is different than fruit sugar? Outside of the benefits of vitamins and minerals, fiber content in fruit, the sugar is the same....
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Yep. I agree with many.

Ummm...but...it does.
  • lh1990
    lh1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestion y'all!

One more: I naturally do not eat refined sugar other than jam/fruit spread (not a restriction, just simply somehow never worked into my diet and became a habit). But I have heard and read on blogs that high sugar volume (both refined and natural) causes cellulite. Anyone an expert in this?

I'm assuming true because I don't have cellulite even when I was very chubby ... or maybe I just won the genetic lottery.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

One more: I naturally do not eat refined sugar other than jam/fruit spread (not a restriction, just simply somehow never worked into my diet and became a habit). But I have heard and read on blogs that high sugar volume (both refined and natural) causes cellulite. Anyone an expert in this?

I'm assuming true because I don't have cellulite even when I was very chubby ... or maybe I just won the genetic lottery.

No. that's not true.

It's more due to hormonal changes/issues and genetics.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

No. that's not true.

It's more due to hormonal changes/issues and genetics.

^this

I eat a hilarious amount of sugar and do not suffer from cellulite, even when I was larger.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    feeling myself tip toeing around eating fruits now (which is a bummer because I love fruits).
    I have no limit on fruits. I eat huge, but not unlimited, portions of gelato. Works for me.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    One more: I naturally do not eat refined sugar other than jam/fruit spread (not a restriction, just simply somehow never worked into my diet and became a habit).

Hershey's bar ?
    Brown sugar and whatever oatmeal ?
    Cranberry juice ?

quite high in the "free sugars" the WHO would like us to reduce

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1181259-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-revised-faq-jan-2014
  • lh1990
    lh1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ok thanks