Lost another streak...incredibly frustrated!

Options
I am not sure how I lost my streak, but I was up to 95 days straight of logging in. Then, the notification that I had reached 100 days never came. I must have logged in after midnight one day without realizing it.

I know this seems so little in the grand scheme of things, but it is so disheartening for me to lose another streak. This is now like the third or fourth time I have lost a streak right around 100 days. You will never see me as a quitter, but I am in serious need of some motivation here.

Do any of you have any tips for what gets you through your tougher times? I have not been losing a lot of weight, and I have not been able to exercise as much as I want to or need to. Up until now, the only thing positive that I could hang my hat on was my streak of consecutive days logging in. That is now gone too.

Please help!

Replies

• shockershawn
    Options
    Hey just read your story, every day is a choice. its you that decides what you want to do everyday. what are the reasons for a fitter you? what kind of work outs are you doing? What have been your recent motivations? What are your struggles? send me a message maybe i can help :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how I lost my streak, but I was up to 95 days straight of logging in. Then, the notification that I had reached 100 days never came. I must have logged in after midnight one day without realizing it.

I know this seems so little in the grand scheme of things, but it is so disheartening for me to lose another streak. This is now like the third or fourth time I have lost a streak right around 100 days. You will never see me as a quitter, but I am in serious need of some motivation here.

Do any of you have any tips for what gets you through your tougher times? I have not been losing a lot of weight, and I have not been able to exercise as much as I want to or need to. Up until now, the only thing positive that I could hang my hat on was my streak of consecutive days logging in. That is now gone too.

Please help!
    I believe you can ask to have your streak restored. All is not lost! Let me go see what I can find out, or maybe someone will come in with info.

Found it: go here and they will fix it up for you. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Please help!
    I believe you can ask to have your streak restored. All is not lost! Let me go see what I can find out, or maybe someone will come in with info.

Oooooh thank you!!! I was gone in April for 5 days and now I'm so annoyed I just delete the streak updates every time. Would be nice if it actually took everything into account. I sent a message!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine went away for the wknd and lost her days too but had it reser- it works. Did you look into it yet?
  • sandri34
    sandri34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It actually works! Thanks a lot :)
  • Gail_Stella
    Options
    That's nice to know. I did the same thing as the original poster when I was on vacation earlier this month. I thought I had logged in every day, but must've done it after midnight one day. I'm not going to go back and reset it now, but if I have that happen again, it's nice to know this option is there. Thanks for the info.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    :sad:
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I shut my counter off. I know there are days when I won't be able to log in at all...
  • VegnStrong
    VegnStrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Please help!

• VegnStrong
    VegnStrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link, same thing happened to me. nice to know we can fix it.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well if you missed logging in you missed. If you 'cheat ' and reset your counter how does that make you feel good? :noway:
  • jadedove
    jadedove Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I log in through my iphone or ipad it doesn't count it. The next day is reset to 1. That's not cheating; tha's technology being wonky lol
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've probably been logging in (in total for over a 100 days), but if you miss one or two days MFP starts you out from day 1-LOL. I see a lot of my other friends who I know have been around for a lot longer than one day also. That doesn't bother me.

Anyway as far as your weight loss, if you're doing everything right you will lose weight. We all get stuck on plateaus, one if mine lasted for over a year, of two pounds up, two pounds down. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong (eating too much) and the scale started going in the right direction again.

I had to learn to be happy with a 1/2 pound and then even a 1/4 pound loss a week, he closer I got to goal. Be patient, don't ever give up and you'll get there.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    No, OP, your lost streak issue is not "little in the grand scheme of things"-- if it was, MFP wouldn't have the streak counter. I, too, freaked out over a lost streak. Mine was due to logging in after a certain time of night. The counter had already gone over to the next day. The reset tool provided much-needed relief! Someone commented that if you miss logging in and then reset your counter, it's cheating. Maybe to them it is, but to us, it's not! Entering fewer calories than you consumed would constitute cheating. Missing a cut-off time for posting, or having technical difficulties is not cheating. Don't pay attention to such non-constructive crap.

To help avoid future streak interruptions, I changed the time zone on my settings from EST to PST, even though I'm in NY. I get 3 extra hours to log my food (no, not 3 extra hours to eat)! All I have to do is make sure I'm at the computer before 3:00 am EST or I'll turn back into a pumpkin. If you're not living in the PST zone, it's an option.

Please, don't get discouraged. As another member said, we all get stuck. Wise words. You sound like you're truly determined to do something about your weight. Don't you realize that this is the greatest motivation of all? You can do this!
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That link someone posted is so great!
    I just noticed that I lost my 85 streak two days ago... because of the damn time zones, mpf 'midnight' to me is 9am. I often log before work at around 7-8am, so I must've logged something and not logged in later in the day to catch 'midnight'. It made me so angry, I've never been close to 100days on mfp and I really want to reach it!

EDIT: I didn't know you could change the time zones to the ones fitting your clock, I just did that! Hopefully it'll help in the future.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    To help avoid future streak interruptions, I changed the time zone on my settings from EST to PST, even though I'm in NY. I get 3 extra hours to log my food (no, not 3 extra hours to eat)! All I have to do is make sure I'm at the computer before 3:00 am EST or I'll turn back into a pumpkin. If you're not living in the PST zone, it's an option.
    My MFP shows two time zones to the west, as well, for this reason. I'm a nightowl and happen to get up and go to bed later some days.
  • mar36jen
    Options
    Just because you missed a log-in, it does not that take away the efforts of the day. MFP is a tool to add to our efforts not to control our efforts or add to it. Sure I get bummed when I miss getting my log-in on time to keep my streak going, but it does not take away the work that I have done or the progress I have made. Don't get wrapped up in the little things like a streak, enjoy the progress and journey to getting healthier. Mental wellness is as important as physical wellness. I agree that the Streak counter is a little thing, don't stress the little things. Just my opinion
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well if you missed logging in you missed. If you 'cheat ' and reset your counter how does that make you feel good? :noway:

I would have to agree with this, a day missed is exactly that.
    Being a dirtbiker I have also been close to missing a day when we've been out to far race venues from early morning until late at night and often with little or no cellular reception, but I do get a gentle reminder from MFP which has prompted me to continually try get in, even on edge or gprs, and eventually succeed. The one evening I literally came right with 2 minutes to spare!
    I now login every morning and quickly add my morning coffee in case the day somehow goes wonky..
  • Tester1987
    Tester1987 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost my streak because of a 50 hour long power outage caused by weather.

Rather annoyed by that too. I went in an filled in the days too...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    +1