Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

LIQUID DETOX!

Hi everyone :) I'm Stephanie, new to myfitnesspal so if you want to add me as a friend, I'd greatly appreciate it!
I have started on my weight loss journey, and I have 17 kgs to lose. I've heard that short liquid detoxes really help with weight loss as well as hair, nails, skin etc. I'm not crash dieting, e.g. I'm not severely cutting my calories, but I started this week (monday) and have been on a 3 day liquid detox.
So I'm planning on 5 days liquid detox, 2 days normal paleo diet to lose weight. I will be cutting 1000 calories a day (I exercise too and eat back those calories).

My liquid diet is high on vegetables (30%), fruits+high sugar veges (20%), protein (30%), fats/nuts/seeds (20%)

Has anyone else had experiences or feedback about short detoxes that you'd like to share please? :) I've heard that if you go on a detox for too long actually your hair starts falling out and everything. But mine is 5 days liquid, 2 days normal for 17 weeks.

Thank you so much!!! :) I appreciate your help

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    FYI, our bodies are made to detox, we have organs (like the kidney) made just for this purpose. Unless there is something medically wrong, a detox is very unnecessary and will normally cause more harm than good
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Eat at a calorie deficit and everything will fall into place.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    ^^^What they said.
  • fangedneko
    fangedneko Posts: 133 Member
    Every post by this account screams troll. Especially the time between posts.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    I see from another post that you are planning on eating only 800 calories a day, that is a bad idea, a detox is a bad idea, combined it is a recipe for some really bad things to happen.

Please take some time and read some of the pinned posts in the forums, it will really help to get a good grasp of what is a good, healthy way to reach your goals.
  • Id be interested in a liquid diet for a short period of time if I knew a healthy way to do it
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    NO.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Every post by this account screams troll. Especially the time between posts.

Yeah. Pretty lame.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    14kwk2b.gif
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    slow-loris-eating-rice-ball-o.gif
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    My bumhole hurts for you lol
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Bump--- this should be good!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    hhn.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

That's adorable.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I hope this is a joke post. Liquid nuts? How would that make them healthier or help with weight loss? Seems like it would just make your drink grainy. :sick:

You can't drop your calories to 1000 and not drastically cut calories. 1000 is retty drastic.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,988 Member
    FYI, our bodies are made to detox, we have organs (like the kidney) made just for this purpose. Unless there is something medically wrong, a detox is very unnecessary and will normally cause more harm than good

+1 end thread...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Id be interested in a liquid diet for a short period of time if I knew a healthy way to do it

Go out on whatever night you like to go out on- drink a lot.

that'll get you detoxed just right the next day.

My after drinking dueces are THE.BEST.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member

OMG he is adorable!!!
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    I pee every 3 hours or so, and I feel so much better after!

Your body detoxes for you. There are no toxins. It will do nothing for you.