Low cal, gluten free, low carb PANCAKES (yes, pancakes!!)

Options
I discovered these babies about 2 months ago and I eat them either for breakfast or when I fancy a post-dinner treat and only have a few cals left in my allowance on here...

Going to keep it simple as possible as there is nothing worse than enormous, tough recipes when you have little time/energy to make something!

This recipe does me for about 4 med. pancakes (med. sized = size of my hand, fingers spread)

- 2 eggs, beaten
-1 banana (med), mushed up well with a fork
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder (so they get a bit fluffy!)

Mix all ingredients together well; less lumps the better. I do this in a liquidiser but pulse it just a teeny bit! If you overdo it with the blades and it's runny, it doesn't form a good sturdy pancake.

Heat 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in frying pan until running, drain out excess oil, pour mix in to centre of pan.
Put a saucepan lid over the pancake to trap the heat/air in so it circulates and cooks the top a bit
Flip after 30secs and cook the other side (saucepan lid off)
Check both sides look a bit golden, no gloopy raw looking stuff

Serve with any of the below (my favourites below but options are endless):

Blueberries, raspberries, strawbs, 0% fat greek Yog (love Fage), crushed nuts, dried fruits (apricots, raisins etc) organic nut butter, drizzle of natural honey, blob of organic dark choc (melted or solid, your call... 85%+ cocoa is best as less sugar than other varieties).

YUM!!! Enjoy....

If you like and want any more little recipes like this, let me know by msg and happy to help you eat yummy, HEALTHY stuff as best I can :) xx

Replies

• Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Thanks
  • hrh2009
    Options
    Pleasure... hope you enjoy them as much as me! :)
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    might try these--would probably be fine cold for travelling too?
  • hrh2009
    Options
    Don't see why not but I'd keep cool (egg content etc)
    xx
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks sounds good I'll be sure to try these
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I've seen these recipes and been super curious but never tried them... Does it taste overtly banana-y?

(I love bananas but when cooked or in stuff it often reminds me of penicillin medicine I had to take as a kid which makes me want to gag lol)
  • hrh2009
    Options
    Erm... I'd say you can taste the banana but it's not too strong. I made these for a pal who wasn't huge on banana flavoured things (e.g. milkshakes) and I added a tbsp of smooth peanut butter and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in the mixture and she scoffed all the ones I made for her and has been making them herself since so maybe try that :)
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've seen these recipes and been super curious but never tried them... Does it taste overtly banana-y?

(I love bananas but when cooked or in stuff it often reminds me of penicillin medicine I had to take as a kid which makes me want to gag lol)

They are a little banana-y, but mostly you get the egg texture. I've made these before with a bit of almond flour and I honestly eat them with butter on top. So tasty. If you used a flavorful topping (jam, peanut butter, etc), you probably would only barely notice the bananas.

Edit to add: I usually use frozen overripe bananas, because I am bad at using up fresh ones so I have a lot of frozen. Overripe bananas taste especially strong, I think, so if you used fresh ones the flavor would be even less noticeable than it is when I make mine.
  • socialone74
    socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump. thanks!
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks!
  • esther617
    esther617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Going to give these a try! Thanks!!
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ooh thanks for sharing :) bookmarked for future use
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump [for when I've bought the bananas!]
  • Hayleylouise910
    Options
    Thank you! Really excited to try!!
  • kimba1958
    Options
    bump
  • jaggerjia
    Options
    I am going to go try these right now. I was totally jonesin' for pancakes but didn't want to undo everything I've been working for up until this point. (I hate to say, but I know just one little one wouldn't cut it) I am so excited to try this recipe!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOooooooo trying this! Thanks for sharing!