NSV-I'm almost a runner again

Options
I ran 2 marathons about 20 years ago and did C25K about 10 years ago, I've always enjoyed running. I just got old, fat, and lazy and it went away from me. August 12 I started my 10 day juice fast and August 13 I started going to the gym. I have consistently piled up at least two days of just cardio since then. Five weeks later I just ripped off 50 minutes at about an 11 min/mile pace. I could have kept going another 20-30 minutes, but It was super dark and I needed to get in the house.

The scale isn't flying down as fast as I want it and the inches are slowly coming off...but I can tell you Fat Crz could not have done 50 minutes of anything but eating 5 weeks ago.

It works if you work it folks and it works the way your body wants it to work. Don't get frustrated when the lbs stay put...just keep being healthy. It is worth it and you are worth it.

SK

Replies

• jennnnn2u
    Options
    Well said, my friend. Nice job on the run!
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Well done.

I've never been a runner - more of a swimmer - but I'm planning to start C25K shortly. I have some issues with my feet just at the moment but it's being sorted, and when it is I'll give running a go. At the moment I am walking about 10kms a day but it takes so long! I figure I'll get a better workout in a shorter time if I can get my feet moving a bit faster.
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Well done.

I've never been a runner - more of a swimmer - but I'm planning to start C25K shortly. I have some issues with my feet just at the moment but it's being sorted, and when it is I'll give running a go. At the moment I am walking about 10kms a day but it takes so long! I figure I'll get a better workout in a shorter time if I can get my feet moving a bit faster.

My ultimate pipe dream is to complete a triathlon. This would be amazing mostly because I can barely swim right now. I never learned how to as a kid and took a few lessons in my 30's. I really want to learn to conquer the water.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just restarted running this week , im doing run/walk and feel good! Thx for posting
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Well done.

My ultimate pipe dream is to complete a triathlon. This would be amazing mostly because I can barely swim right now. I never learned how to as a kid and took a few lessons in my 30's. I really want to learn to conquer the water.

I hope you grow to love swimming, and I hope I grow to love running. I swim like a fish but the last time I ran, in school, 35 years ago ... well let's just say it wasn't pretty.

And the best of luck with that triathlon!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    It works if you work it folks and it works the way your body wants it to work. Don't get frustrated when the lbs stay put...just keep being healthy. It is worth it and you are worth it.

Quoted for truth!

Well done on your improved fitness. I keep reminding myself that numbers on a scale are only an indication of fitness - it's being able to exert myself more, for longer and feeling less heavy that's the real goal and that is happening whether the number on the scale moves or not :-)
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I am in the beginning stages of becoming a runner as well. It's a very slow process for me as I have had a back injury and I'm working very slowly through that but have been using C25K and so far so good!

Good on you for getting back at it wish you the best! :)
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    h0mGJjR.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!