I've Randomly Stopped Liking Mushrooms?

Options
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum to post this, but none of the look like the right one! Lol

However, I've always loved mushrooms, they've always been one of my favourite vegetables.
I randomly went off them a few weeks ago and can't eat them since :S they make me feel sick if I try to eat them and they just don't taste nice. As stupid as this may sound I'm genuinely concerned, I've never experienced anything like this.

Has something similar ever happened to any of you? Is there any reason why I may be experiencing this? Will I ever like mushrooms again? *cries* lol

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Maybe you got bad ones.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Can be symptomatic. If it happens with other foods as well, probably a check up is in order. Otherwise, just give it a rest for the time being and come back to mushrooms later or pick a variety that you normally don't consume and fry up in butter and see.
  • niknak7743
    niknak7743 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm the same but with milkshake powder. I normally drink it with milk everyday and have done so for years but lately the smell and taste make me gag. I haven't gone off milk though. It's weird.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm with Buckshot; I've never been able to tolerate mushrooms... I always wondered if it's because the rotten little boy next door used to throw them at me when I was four years old. :sad: I pick them off and/or out of everything, and make a pile on the edge of the plate, which I call Mount Mushroom.

I had a spell where I couldn't tolerate sliced American cheese all of a sudden, after liking it for years... I'm not supposed to be eating that much of it anyway, but one day it just turned into ten kinds of 'yuck' and I had to leave it alone for a while. I did get back to it, though, so all hope is not lost for your mushroom love. (I'll save the ones on the edge of my plate for you.)
  • evee7340
    evee7340 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me with tomatoes! No idea why but I used to love them...now just thinking about them makes me feel a little ill...
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Cantaloupes. I've always loved them but years ago (through trial and error) I figured out that they made me terribly sick - stomach cramps for hours. I've not had them since and I still miss eating them.