CrossFit: The journey starts here...

Options
Hi,

I joined my local CrossFit box today and will be doing my induction next week. Over the past year and a half, I've lost nearly 5 stone and started lifting May this year. I've always worked out at home, since having my daughter ( she's 2 ) and I'm getting to that point where I need more! I need stimulation from others in a class environment, guidance and I need to start progressing in my lifting because I only have access to lifting 20kg.

I really need to tidy up my eating too and actually work out my macros for once! Hoping I can learn from others that do CrossFit.

Is there anyone else joining CrossFit over the next few weeks? Also, feel free to add me!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    That should be fun! Enjoy it and good luck!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great all body workout!!! You'll be awesome. I love doing cross fit
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    CrossFit: The journey starts here...

EmergencyMedicineatBMC.jpg
    Hoping I can learn from others that do CrossFit.
    I hear that watching the cross fit games is a great time waster when you're stuck on the couch with an injury. (I kid, I kid) Good luck. :-)
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If your a complete beginner to lifting or exercise, I can understand but I'm in tune with my body and the difference between pushing through my personal maximum and actual pain. Athletes, CrossFit or not, will endure some kind of injury at some point.
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I find Crossfit challenging, exhausting but great at the same time. Sometimes I don't think I can finish but I do and that is a great feeling. Just pay attention to the trainers and use good form. Don't think you have to compete with someone who is at an entirely different level than you. You will work up to max levels soon enough! Have fun!
  • toffee2013
    Options
    I find Crossfit challenging, exhausting but great at the same time. Sometimes I don't think I can finish but I do and that is a great feeling. Just pay attention to the trainers and use good form. Don't think you have to compete with someone who is at an entirely different level than you. You will work up to max levels soon enough! Have fun!

Thanks so much for the advice. I will bare that in mind :)
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There is a CrossFit Group on here....good information, feedback, and support
  • toffee2013
    Options
    Great stuff :) Cheers,