Desperate For Ideas!!

Options
Hey Guys! I really need some help here. I started trying to lose weight on Jan. 10th 2011 and lost 7 lbs in the first 5 days, but since then nothing. The scale has not budged in 11 days. I work out 5 to 6 days a week and stay within a hundred calories of my 1200 daily calories. If anybody can give me some advice or tips I'd greatly appreciate it because I am truly stumped! Thanks!

Replies

• hardybelle83
    Options
    First, a huge congrats for the progress that you've made so far!! That's so great!!

The links that morganadk2 provdided are definitely helpful!! Make sure you are eating ENOUGH (sounds so counter-intuitive, I know!) especially since you're exercising so frequently. Also, maybe try incorporating some strength training in your routine if you aren't already. Though you may see some initial "gain" when starting to lift weights, it isn't real weight gain -- just your muscles retaining water & lactic acid as they repair themselvses. If you drink plenty of water & keep at it, the scale will go down and/or you will start to lose lots of inches!

I think you've already taken the first big step and you should be SO proud of yourself. Focus less on the # on the scale and more about getting HEALTHY for yourself and your family. It will happen, just don't give up!! If there is anyway I can help, let me know! Best of luck.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You may need to increase your daily calories. Try adding on 200 calories and see if there's any change in the next few days.
  • misty_68505
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll up the calories a bit and see if that helps:)
  • renaconnor
    renaconnor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem!! I've upped my calories to around 1400 especially since I burn over 500 calories working out! Was eating around 1100 a day...I"ll let you know how it goes!!!
  • misty_68505
    Options
    Thanks Rena, keep me posted and I'll do the same:)